Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ger@rdo

most successful acne medication out there

Hello!

Well I just want to know what is the most successful acne product out there because I really haven't tried that many. I have used Proactiv, Exposed, and some other cheap products out there but they all suck. I want to find that acne product that really does the freakin job once and for all. Hope to hear from you guys soon I before my acne gets really bad.

Accutane is pretty much the end all of acne medications. It's pricey, dangerous and pretty much a last resort. That being said I've been through a full course of accutane and I hope I never have to do it again.

if you go to your doctor, he will probably put you on an antibiotic (tretracyclin or minoclycline or other) before even considering Accutane. Most docs will try all kinds of oral meds because some work differently depending on the person. it takes time to test a new med, at least a month or two so be patient. But go back if it doesnt get better after that. you might have become immune to it and need something different. good luck, my boys have been thru all kinds of meds, topical and oral, and one has Accutane and the other has a cream. Acne definitely helps you develop patience!! don't lose hope, practice makes perfection!

Hello!

Well I just want to know what is the most successful acne product out there because I really haven't tried that many. I have used Proactiv, Exposed, and some other cheap products out there but they all suck. I want to find that acne product that really does the freakin job once and for all. Hope to hear from you guys soon I before my acne gets really bad.

Try to fix you body internally. See diet forum

SweetJade has the most knowledge

best topical for me has to be PLEXION TS, need a prescription for it though. also look into tazorac. don't just depend on topicals change ur diet as well, and get enough sleep.

I took Roaccutane, and it cleared up my skin. But there were the usual side effects - and I think alot of my scars today were from the breakouts I had during the treatment. My brother and I look back at candid shots of me taken while I was on it - we both laugh, since my face was red all over, and I had shiny lips from applying soosss much Vaseline to combat dryness lol.

I know it's disputable, by ever since taking the drug, I lost interest with study, felt lethargic, and generally didn't like what I was doing. Though I wasn't at all suicidal.

Probably a year later, my acne returned. My dermatologist prescribed me Minocycline. It worked wonders for my acne - no side effects whatsoever. I don't know why the hell he didn't consider this particular drug in the first place.