Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The only BP I could find at my local stores was 10% BP...I just read that the regimen won't work with 10%; why is this?

well, i dont think it isnt IMPOSSIBLE for it not to work, but the thing is, 10% BP is extremely overdrying to the skin. It will still do something, but it seems 2.5% or 5% are a lot more effective, and dont have the same drying effects that 10% might have.

i would recommend ordering something from the internet with only 2.5%, it will be a lot better for your face and for the regimen.

Is there a way to dilute a 10% solution of BP? I also have some leftover from before I started regimen.

I assume BP is 4x as strong since 4 doses of 2.5% gel would equal 10%. That would be a cheap way to stretch your BP if you haven't gotten Dan's gel.

You might try getting your skin used to it gradually. I worked up to using 10% BP all over my face - with only minimal dryness/flaking (although I wasn't following the clear skin regimen, and I was only applying the BP 1 time a day).

10% BP is paint stripper...basically you render your efforts useless by using it. What you'll do is clear your skin up, but it'll be so damn dry you skin makes more oil...so then it's a never ending cycle of crap. I prefer 2.5% or 5%....benzaclin contained 5% and it made my skin PERFECT...i wish my damn insurance covered it because i ran out of the tons of samples my derm gave me for free...i'll make sure to hit him back up on the samples once possible.

If anyone knows were i can obtain anymore Benzaclin samples...i'd be so happy..

Yeah i used to use 10% BP, it's like its trying to work too fast on your face instead of working to clear it up over time, thus eventually creating too much oil and ur back to square one.

The only BP I could find at my local stores was 10% BP...I just read that the regimen won't work with 10%; why is this?

Hi,

If you will tell us where you live, and which stores you have locally, we can perhaps recommend a brand of BP for you.

I like 10%. It cleared me up in 3 days but made my face red. If you can take it, then it's good. Otherwise, 5 or 2.5% is better.

I also like 10%. It clears me up pretty fast. I just apply it at night so I dont have to worry if it doesnt fully rub in and I have white marks since Im just inside. Usually the next day the pimple is gone, or atleast mostly gone. It does leave you red but after a while you'll get used to it and the redness isnt bad.