Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eudaimonia

why cant they make an antibiotic that kills ONLY the acne bacteria??

They just want to waste our money and then have to sell us something new to help us get our good bacteria back. Wait, I take that part back. They sell us more to distruct and make it worse.

They just want to waste our money and then have to sell us something new to help us get our good bacteria back. Wait, I take that part back. They sell us more to distruct and make it worse.

The truth is out there

And one WITHOUT side effects? you would think with the advancement of science we have today scientists would be able to do this!

So, basically, you want a perfect miracle treatment for acne? OMG! What a great idea!!!

Yeah, Im sure it would be possible to build up our immune system against the p.acnes but they make billions a year in acne products.. why would they?

It would be hard to make such an antibiotic that targets a specific species of bacteria. Most antibiotics are broadly-based. Tetracycline targest gram-negative bacteria. A certain amount of research would be nessecary to find "the perefect cure" and since acne vulgaris isn't a life-threateing disease, I don't think it would be on too many scientist's top prioritiy lists.

Please excuse my English, I am Italian.

Umm there are few anti biotics out there as it is being researched. Actually the medical community really needs some new antibiotics out there, as there are bacteria being resistant to different types of antibiotics. There are some bacteria out there which are resistant to all types of antibiotics, which is really dire and dangerous. The bacteria which are resistant are not necessarily dangerous, but they can pass it on to more dangerous ones.

Researching new antibiotics is not profitable from what I've read. Making new drugs can also cost billions of dollars because of the FDA. Also take at least 8 years of testing the drug, and chances are it wont pass.

Also ppl still aren't sure what exactly causes acne.

When i get a really bad sore throat my doc puts me on leviquin or tequin which are apparently the mother of all antibiotics. They still don't help my face all that much. I think the real cure goes deeper than simply destroying the P acnes bacteria