Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

MSM for acne

Guest ThereIsHope

heya guys. I just bought some MSM tablets at GNC because i've heard a lot of you guys take it and have seen good results and whatnot. Soooooo my question is, how much do I take? I got some 1000mg tablets, should I just take one a day or two? Or even more?? :confused:

Replies appreciated!

You can take the dosage on the bottle or if your like some poeple around here you could take up to 10 of them. Just depends on how crazy you wanna get. Either way you should be fine because MSM is extremely non-toxic so very large doses are unlikely to hurt you. I wouldn't take any supplement long term though, MSM included. Just not enough research to back it up.

i take one 1000 mg msm tablet and take it with vit c because it is said to absorb the msm better

i'm not really taking it for acne, more for my scars because i read if you are msm deficient, it can lead to keloids

How long does it usually take to see results from taking it? I also bought the GNC brand, and I started taking it on Friday. I'm up to 6 grams today. I'm taking it for my hair, since I have thin hair and want to see it will make my hair grow a little thicker, and for acne scars.

I'm interested inthis because it's supposedly really good for skin and stops scarring etc. But i'm scared to take too many supllements i'm currently taking cod liver oil and unsure if it would be safe to take MSM aswell.

Can someone please tell me if MSM makes you go through a purging phase somewhat similiar to B5? I've been taking it two weeks now, and I started breaking out last week. Prior to last week, I hadn't really broke out at all in a while.

Someone please help.

I've been taking MSN for 2.5 weeks and must admit, I had a break out at the 2 week stage... which was a bit unexpected and also my first in several weeks. It cleared up within a few days though - my skin is fairly clear at the moment. Not 100% sure it was the MSM, but it certainly could have been.

ps I take 1500gms a day together with 1000mgs of vitamin C.

Thanks for answering manoon. Yeah, my break out is starting to clear up now. For now now I'm just going to chalk it up to it making me go through a purging phase. I just hope I don't have anymore bad breakouts while I'm taking it.