Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prodigy

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion

Hi,

Started using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion about 2 weeks ago, been breaking out a fair bit since I started using it.

Started with half a pump, up too 2 pumps at night.

Will I keep using it?

Are you using it with the CSR?

How long have you been on the CSR?

It is not unusual for glycolic to purge the skin, perhaps this is what is going on. Although if you are still under 3 months of CSR use, breakouts can occur.

Im about 2 months into CSR ~

(Wanting to use NHSFL to help fade red marks)

Should I keep using it? even though I think its causing some break outs atm?

Course we do...if you're on the CSR you gotta, don't matter if you're on roids and have to stash ur testosterome in a meat compacter, you still gotta moistoruize. Just don't do it in front of people :P.

do any guys use this moistuizer? it smells girly. :shifty:

LOL I am a guy and it may very well smell girly but that's ok. I've been on it for about 4 days only and it really stings when I put it on. Also I noticed my face looks greasy all day. But whatever, I bought it because it has AHA.

If you are a guy, you could buy the 'night' version and just apply at night and then apply a less smelly moisturizer during the day. That way you get the AHA effects all night and remain moisturized all day.

Hi,

Started using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion about 2 weeks ago, been breaking out a fair bit since I started using it.

Started with half a pump, up too 2 pumps at night.

Will I keep using it?

How often do you use it ? maybe using it not every day and then slowly raise the amout would help, like how beginners on the CSR do with the BP.

Edit: dooh I just realised you actually started with a tiny amout and the slowly raised the amout, but maybe do did it to fast ? Or maybe your skin just cant handle AHA every day - again, how often do you use it ?

Im about 2 months into CSR ~

(Wanting to use NHSFL to help fade red marks)

Should I keep using it? even though I think its causing some break outs atm?

hmmm.....were you clear when you began this moisturizer?

I think two pumps is probably too much. Maybe decrease it to one pump, once a day only, and see if that helps. If you don't clear back up soon, perhaps there is something in there that is irritating your skin. It does have alot of fragrance, and not everybody can tolerate AHA's.

A milder AHA moisturizer that is also fragrance free is Lac-Hydrin Five. I bought this at Walgreen and have been trying it this week, it is very nice. No spf though, so be mindful of that. But otherwise, it is milder than the NHSFL and no fragrance. You might consider trying it out if your skin doesn't adjust to the NHSFL soon.