Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caz84

Fresh Farmacy- has calamine in it and is amazing stuff!

I have had moderate to severe acne for the past 8 years- believe me when I say that I have tried literally hundreds of products, over the counter, prescriptions (Differin, several types of contraceptive pill, including Cilest, antibiotics whose names I can't even remember, it was that long ago!), spending SO much money in the process. I went high-tech, with chemical names I can't even pronounce, and natural (including only washing my face with water, jojoba oil), harsh and gentle... you get the picture- I've used a lot!

Then, I tried, on the recommendation of a friend, this product from Lush cosmetics (a British company, but I know that it exists in the US!) called Fresh Farmacy- she had used it to clear up her acne- it is this soap/cleanser with masses of calamine (very soothing) and tea tree, chamomile, rose and lavender oils in it (tea-tree oil is antibacterial, i think, and the rest are again, really healing).

I've been using this now for about 6 weeks, and my acne has improved so much- I still produce as much as oil as ever (I shine like a christmas bauble within 10 minutes of putting my face on) but i have gone from constantly having about 10 cystics, innumerable whiteheads, blackheads and small pimples, to having NO cystic acne, some blackheads and a few whiteheads. My skin feels smooth, and my scars (which had been getting worse) are becoming less red and healing really rapidly. I actually enjoy cleaning my face now just because it feels so much softer and with so few bumps!

THIS STUFF IS INCREDIBLE!!! I actually had some lady come up to me on the tube the other day and tell me how good my skin was! It made me so happy, and I really wanted to share this information with everyone else. I know that different things work for different people, but TRY THIS! It's cheap (about £2 for something that has lasted me 6 weeks so far, twice daily) and, well, perhaps there's something to be said for the softly, softly approach. I just feel so much happier- I know that there are more serious problems in the world, but having to interact with the world (especially if you're at a bitchy catholic boarding school like mine) with people pointing at your skin is horrible, and I feel for everyone on this website with it!

So, after having read all your hints and experiences, thought I would tell you about mine!

Anyone else have similar effects with calamine lotion at all? (I've heard that this can also be effective)

i think i should give this stuff another go. i've only used it a couple times. i think it dried out my skin and that was why i stopped. hm.. i wonder if i still have it. anybody else tried it?

Yeah, my friend works there and she bought a bar of the fresh pharmacy and she gave me a piece to try. It works okay, it makes my skin look really nice just after I wash it... but unfortunately doesn't last all day. It dries it too, but I just use some moisturizer. Also it makes my skin kind of itchy and irritated, but I'm not sure that it's because of that specific product or if my skin has just been acting up lately (which is probably what it is). I wonder what other products they might have that would be helpful.

Yeah, my friend works there and she bought a bar of the fresh pharmacy and she gave me a piece to try. It works okay, it makes my skin look really nice just after I wash it... but unfortunately doesn't last all day. It dries it too, but I just use some moisturizer. Also it makes my skin kind of itchy and irritated, but I'm not sure that it's because of that specific product or if my skin has just been acting up lately (which is probably what it is). I wonder what other products they might have that would be helpful.

If you find it too drying for you, try 'aqua marina', it also has loads of calamine in it, as well as sea salt, and I actually sometimes use this when my skin is looking a bit dry, due to air conditioning/wind etc.

ok, so i still had a big piece of this soap. forgot about it. tried it for a couple/few days. dried my skin to SHIT. uuuuuuuugh. that doesn't happen to you guys?? like my skin was DRY... FLAKING, PEELING, etc.. :( NOW i remember why i stopped using it.

i think i'll try using it every couple days or something.

First 3 weeks of using this stuff gave me the clearest skin of all time on the 5th week my acne came back with a VENGAEANCE!!

I had acne bums, cysts, all over I still stuck with FF and after 7 weeks it was the worse ever. I rushed to LUSH and they told me I might like Coalface better even WORSE!! Dried my skin out and made my face worse!!

LUSH skincare is not the way to go they are only good in the bath Department ONLY!!

First 3 weeks of using this stuff gave me the clearest skin of all time on the 5th week my acne came back with a VENGAEANCE!!

I had acne bums, cysts, all over I still stuck with FF and after 7 weeks it was the worse ever. I rushed to LUSH and they told me I might like Coalface better even WORSE!! Dried my skin out and made my face worse!!

LUSH skincare is not the way to go they are only good in the bath Department ONLY!!

Haha. Yeah I was using the Fresh Pharmacy on a regular basis (day & night) and it just irritated my skin so I stopped for a while. Now I'm just using it once a day or every other day and using something more gentle the rest of the time. And if my face gets dry I just moisturize!! I'm thinking about doing something called Photodynamic Light Therapy with Levulan... any of you heard anything or have any experiences to share about it?