Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Acne free diets....

I have been reading up on vitamins and what different foods provide them for our bodies. Well I noticed that all of the B- Complex Vitamins are found primarily in red meat, milk, eggs.. etc. Everything that is a big NO NO for acne! How do you all get the proper balance of B-vitamins?

Deficency symptoms are mainly fatigue, irritability, anemia.. etc. Everything I seem to have!

Eggs aren't really a no-no for acne. B-vitamins are also found in vegetables and grains.

I have been reading up on vitamins and what different foods provide them for our bodies. Well I noticed that all of the B- Complex Vitamins are found primarily in red meat, milk, eggs.. etc. Everything that is a big NO NO for acne! How do you all get the proper balance of B-vitamins?

Deficency symptoms are mainly fatigue, irritability, anemia.. etc. Everything I seem to have!

Brewers Yeast

If you are worried about deficencies guessing according to what foods are rumoured to contain more or less of that isn't good. Found primarily doesn't meant anything because most foods contain all nutrients in varying amount and you may get everything you need even without consuming foods that are exceptionally rich in one nutrient and often the foods that are considered rich in something are not that rich and it's an unreliable approximation

Just download DMAK and install the USDA Database

Then you can make a diary of your meals adding to the menu list the foods and amount of them your have eaten. The software will tell you how many grams, micrograms or milligrams of nutrients you have consumed that day and whether you're deficient in some nutrient

DMAK

USDA Database

List of foods that are high in the following:

Let me also add that some people on these forums claimed that eating sunflower seeds broke them out.

Adding liver to your diet would probably be a great idea if you're concerned / willing to eat the meat (some people don't like liver, I thought it was decent but I'd have to find a better recipe), it's like a multivitamin food... MUCH healthier then the muscle meats that we are so accustomed to eating in our society these days.