Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2cute4u

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone! I have a serious problem.... About 5 years ago my skin was beyond perfect I was growing up in a place that rained alot so maybe that’s why my skin always look so moisturized and beautiful. My skin looked airbrushed and had that dewy glow to it. 5 years ago I moved to Los Angeles and my skin went down hill... Ironically enough I went from having literal perfect skin to acne, cystic acne and dark spots. I ended up going to a dermatologist who prescribed me a bunch of stuff that did make it better but didn't really fix anything. I have been off everything they gave me for about 2 years but now am faced with a greater problem. Although ever since creating my own skin regimen my skin has cleared, the problem is that the medications the doctors gave me have now destroyed my skin and I’m now wondering if it's permanent. :( I was taking a pill to help reduce oil production yet it seemed to stop it completely. The natural oils (although it was too much) seemed to add natural moisture and a great glow to my skin. Now even when my skin is moisturized it looks lackluster, ashy and like I could use some more lotion. I also suffer from dark spots all over my face. Since I no longer trust dermatologist I come to you all for the answer. Can somebody, anybody help me??????

well umm... for the dark spots you could try using lasers or some peels (mandelic acid or something). as a moisturizer you may want to use pure aloe vera gel (heard it's pretty good).

hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about that. Anyway there is treatment. Your skin naturally replinishes itself every month, but I have a feling your scars go deeper than that. There is a cosmetic process known as microdermabrasion which is probably what you're lookin for.

To help with your texture and look of your skin, some exfoliation could help I believe.

But not chemical exfoliation, as it can be too harsh for your skin...What I advice you to use is a light and mild scrub every other day for the first week, and then just twice a week.

Remember that it has do be really mild, with little beads, so it won't tear the skin. You have to be really gentle when applying it (on moist face), and do it in circular motions.

If you feel the scrub is too harsh used alone, just add some of your usual face wash, this way it will be less 'scrubbing' and irritating.

Do always use a moisturizer that is oil-free and no pore clogging. Many people find Olay Complete to be the best, as it moisturize perfectly, has SPF and is non-comedogenic.

Hope that helps,

Stefy

omg I have the exact same problem. I had perfect flawless skin through my teenage years. Then, I started breaking out at 21 after I moved to Georgia. I suffered for three years and even though I stopped getting cystic acne, my skin didn't look fresh anymore. My skin is a lot better now though. I get a pimple or two but have learned to live with that. I don't trust antibiotics or prescription medicines anymore either. I started to use baking soda to exfoliate after someone recomended it on here. I later follow it with ACV.

I just use a thick paste of baking soda and water on my face for ten minutes as a mask. Later I use diluted Apple cider vinegar for ten minutes. I have been doing this everyday since a few weeks and my skin is improving. Give this a try to see if it works.

The thread I got this from is posted here....

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=35135

Even though it says it just helps with red marks. It helps with a lot of other things too. I don't follow all the steps. I only use baking soda and ACV to exfoliate my skin everyday and it's helping.

I hope it helps you too!

I know it's strange but enivorimental things can have an effect on your skin. You grew up in a misty rainy place then moved to LA, which is a very sunny and (humid? I don't know anything about LA...)

I think your face is so used to water, it has developed and adjusted to the weather in your previous city. Then a sudden change to a sunny city. Your face freaks out.

Drink water, buy different products. I often change my face products for seasons, because winter's more drying and summer, I sweat a lot. It does work.

And you can't use the same kind of products all the time. Your body gets used to it and it stops working. Thats why I change every summer and winter. Same with shampoos. Do you notice how a good smelling shampoo or certain type of shampoo stops making your hair beautiful or behave the way you want it to. That's why you change everything after a while. Face washes, shampoos and moisturizers. Because your body gets used to it and stops working.