Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest TylerD

What should I do

Guest TylerD

Alright well as most of you know, I was on accutane roughly 8 months ago. I was on it for about 6 months on 40 mg once a day. It did wonders for my skin and kept me clear. UNTIL FUCKING NOW!!!!!!!! Guess what in the past frickin week my face has turned shit. I now have 3 pimples on my forehead, one on my nose, 2 on my left cheek and one small on my right cheek. They arent bad and they are small... but still you can see why I would be upset. With makeup on its barelly noticable but the fact that I have them is garbage!!! I have no idea why. I wash my face morning and night strictly... So now I really dont know what to do.. I think if I keep breaking out im going back on fucking accutane!!!! My doc is the nicest guy in the world and for some reason gives accutane out farelly easy. I hate this shit!! I dont want to go back on it but this is pissing me off!!!!!!!!

that happen to me too right after my first course of accutane

i was really upset too, i really thought my acne would disappear once accutane totally cleared my skin

Guest TylerD

that happen to me too right after my first course of accutane

i was really upset too, i really thought my acne would disappear once accutane totally cleared my skin

Ya fuckin crap!!!!!!!!! And honestly now that I think about it the chances of my doc putting me on a 2nd course of tane probable wont happen. "Well your skin really looks good just a few tiny bumps" Then fuckin 2 months later it will explode..... Maybe Minocycline???? I heard that stuff helps after accutane. However I went on tetracycline and it was pure shit for me. I swear it made my skin worse then better.

maybe try some doxy... it could help.

and if the problem doesn't seem to go away you should ask for a second course of accutane. if your doctor won't do it, maybe go to a derm or something.

i went on minocycline and then doxycycline after the accutane course

it helped somewhat but it never got me totally clear so i dunno

who knows what if you took accutane the second time, then finally it works for good :think:

Guest TylerD

maybe try some doxy... it could help.

and if the problem doesn't seem to go away you should ask for a second course of accutane. if your doctor won't do it, maybe go to a derm or something.

Thats what I am thinkiing too.... My skin is basically clear just my forehead is shit. My cheeks have like 2 tiny ones barelly visible but still angersome.... So I think I will wait another week or so and if it clears up then joy to the world and if it doesnt ill go back to my doc and see what he thinks. Maybe ill just go on a low dose of accutane... Like 20 mg!!! I heard alot of ppl do that their 2nd course if they just have mild acne after.

Perhaps you used too much accutane? I mean, if you do use alot of bp after a while it doesn't work anymore. I better not get all this crap if I ever go on accutane which I think I might.

Guest TylerD

i went on minocycline and then doxycycline after the accutane course

it helped somewhat but it never got me totally clear so i dunno

who knows what if you took accutane the second time, then finally it works for good :think:

Well my friend craig is on Mino right now because he brooke out after accutane, and now his skin is clear he said. He said it works way better after accutane, but I dont want to waste my time with something that wont work.... I think a low dose of accutane like 20 mg is the way to go.... Damn Im not in school anymor ethough I sure hope it will still be covered under my moms insurance :(

Perhaps you used too much accutane? I mean, if you do use alot of bp after a while it doesn't work anymore. I better not get all this crap if I ever go on accutane which I think I might.

God I hope not man!!!!

well im on mino now and differin cream although its better than when i first started breakin out again after accutane im not satisfied (i want perfect fuckin skin) i dont know i think if i could id go accutane for a second course

Guest TylerD

well im on mino now and differin cream although its better than when i first started breakin out again after accutane im not satisfied (i want perfect fuckin skin) i dont know i think if i could id go accutane for a second course

Same here.... Damn the hole time I was on it my eyes watered, dry lips, sore back grr..... Besides I dont even know if its covered anymore because im not in schoooll....fuck!!! Oh well If this is the worse the breakouts will be then I can handle it... I dont want it t get any worse then this though.... I guess time will play a factor in this haha. I know I f I stopped wearing makeup it would helps tons but fuck that.

Guest TylerD

boiooooooooooooooooooooooooooored......

EDIT: Hey look at that, made a typo hehe.

Guest TylerD

take it again man. it cant hurt!

Eeeeh true true..... My face seems not so bad right now. Hope its better by tomorrow. Let us all pray :pray:

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Accutane can't hurt?

well tyler these last couple of days ive been thinkin prety ahrd about what im gonna do ive been on mino for over a year now and im not satisfies and after over a year i doubt its gonna get much better than this. 2 options

keep doin what im doin (which would prob be for like another 3 yrs atleast till it goes away on its own according to the doc)

or stop mino and wait for acne to get bad and the derm will put me back on tane

i figure it may still come back again after a 2nd time but i reckon i owe it to myself to atleast give it another shot i mean if it does come back i know i can just go back on mino and get where i am now but atleast ill be able to say well ive done all i can do now ive just gotta wait to grow out of this. i just gotta get the balls to come off mino and let the acne get bad again. i think ill wait till uni finishes in 3 months at least i wont have to fce people with my bad skin

Guest TylerD

well tyler these last couple of days ive been thinkin prety ahrd about what im gonna do ive been on mino for over a year now and im not satisfies and after over a year i doubt its gonna get much better than this. 2 options

keep doin what im doin (which would prob be for like another 3 yrs atleast till it goes away on its own according to the doc)

or stop mino and wait for acne to get bad and the derm will put me back on tane

i figure it may still come back again after a 2nd time but i reckon i owe it to myself to atleast give it another shot i mean if it does come back i know i can just go back on mino and get where i am now but atleast ill be able to say well ive done all i can do now ive just gotta wait to grow out of this. i just gotta get the balls to come off mino and let the acne get bad again. i think ill wait till uni finishes in 3 months at least i wont have to fce people with my bad skin

I wish you luck man.... And yes if you have been on Mino that long and you are completely clear then accutane would be a good bet.... Its bunk for me because I dont know if its coveered anymore because im not ins chool. However I could get my mom to lie about it hahaha :P Maybe you and me will get on accutane at the same time :D

Accutane can't hurt?

Nope.... Only my wallet lol. Annnd if I can even get it.. I know for a fact right now I wont... Fuck my skin is clear to the average person but shit to me. AAnd that is what the doc will see because they are stupid (oh dont worry its minor and will clear up) *cough bullshit cough* But w/e Ill wait it out. Tonight seems a bit better, 3 went away completely one is getting even bigger and pore slook like fuckin shit as usual. Damn why is today such a bad day. I hope it looks better tomorrow!!!!!!! But im going to eat because food cheers me up :D

do you have a job. fuck the money tyler clear skin is priceless

yea i think ill hang in their till uni is done for this year and then decide what im gonna do. i really wanna give it another shot ay. i cant keep using this differin cream and minocyclin with average results and thinkin what if...

Guest TylerD

do you have a job. fuck the money tyler clear skin is priceless

yea i think ill hang in their till uni is done for this year and then decide what im gonna do. i really wanna give it another shot ay. i cant keep using this differin cream and minocyclin with average results and thinkin what if...

Exactly man!!! And you are so right money is of no object when it comes to clear skin.. You are using differin creme right now as well as antibiotics?? What els are you using?

Accutane is junk. Works for a little then its back to the same old shit. I use hydrocortisone cream it works better than accutane

Ohhh sorry to say I completely disagree :( Nothing works better then accutane.... I could be wrong of corse but what is hydrocortisone cream??? I really really hate using creams and any topical I have used other then bp has not worked for me... Im highly doubting this stuff will be any better then all the rest.

yea dude my derm has me on differin cream and minocyclin but if im gonna go out and dont wanna have my face lookin all greasy from the differin ill put on BP.

Aw, I'm sorry hun. I was never on accutane, so I can't even give you advice related to it. Are you going to try Dan's regimen? i use Effaclar K on active zits, and it really seems to dry them up fast. I'd reccomend it, but it's very expensive. :( I hope you feel better soon.

hydrocortisone is a steroid cream. it decreases the swelling. If you know about acne then you know a pore gets clogged then inflammed. hydrocortisone reduces the inflammation..big time. Atleast it does for me and my cuz. It can be bought OTC at any store. As for accutane it dried my face out bad when i was on it. I was getting these huge cysts for the first couple weeks. after that it was good up untill about 8months later then it all came back.. I hope you have better luck though

sorry wrong place

then again maybe not

Guest TylerD

hydrocortisone is a steroid cream. it decreases the swelling. If you know about acne then you know a pore gets clogged then inflammed. hydrocortisone reduces the inflammation..big time. Atleast it does for me and my cuz. It can be bought OTC at any store. As for accutane it dried my face out bad when i was on it. I was getting these huge cysts for the first couple weeks. after that it was good up untill about 8months later then it all came back.. I hope you have better luck though

sorry wrong place

then again maybe not

We cant get that cream over the counter... And yes I know alot about acne. I have studied it for years, but also know it can be caused by many different things. Anyways what is the name of the creme you have (Like the brand name)??

Aw, I'm sorry hun. I was never on accutane, so I can't even give you advice related to it. Are you going to try Dan's regimen? i use Effaclar K on active zits, and it really seems to dry them up fast. I'd reccomend it, but it's very expensive. :( I hope you feel better soon.

Awwe thanks. You always put a smirk on my face :) ... And I waas on Dans regimen in the past and it did wonders for my skin but just became way to much for me to handle. That plus primer and makeup holy crap would take a full hour of my time. Thats just to much for me. Anyways I am talking to my bud right now Craig and he said when he gets big pimples to spot treat with 20% tea tree oil!!! Does that work I wonder?? Anyways what is this Effaclar K stuff??? Can you give me some info about it? How fast does it kill a pimple... Is it a spot treatment?

yea dude my derm has me on differin cream and minocyclin but if im gonna go out and dont wanna have my face lookin all greasy from the differin ill put on BP.

Ya ive never tried Differin or Mino before... So Ill have to see... I guess I have some options.

Cananda sells codeine OTC what u mean u can't get hydrocortisone creme?? It's called Cortizone 10 and places like rite aid and CVS have their own store brand. Its about $3 for a small tube so a recommend atleast trying it

Guest TylerD

Cananda sells codeine OTC what u mean u can't get hydrocortisone creme?? It's called Cortizone 10 and places like rite aid and CVS have their own store brand. Its about $3 for a small tube so a recommend atleast trying it

Damn I dunno.... Im scarred to try any new shit with my face.