Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey i just recently quit the CSR a month ago after using it for 7 months because I found that once summer hit I wasn't able to keep my skin moisturized, no matter how much moisturizer i used or how little bp i used. my skin constantly felt dry throughout the day, i could notice it whenever i ate, especially something like a burger from a restaurant where you have to open wide. any time i went swimming, my skin would get intensely dry and flaky, alligator style. any time i would sweat, which was pretty much all day at work, any flakes that werent visible when my skin wasnt wet became extremely visible, which in itself was way more embarassing than any acne. my social life was pretty limited because i was paranoid of missing applications. the regimen did clear me up pretty good, but looking back i had the same problem with the dry skin in january when i started, and i noticed any time my skin was dry/flaking it was also occasionally breaking out. during the spring season it was immaculate for nearly 3 months, cause i wasnt having any flaking. anyways before that i was using proactiv for a year and a half, since i was 19, and im 21 now. i mean that was 2 years i'd been using stuff on my face so last month i decided to stop altogether and see what would happen. on the regimen i was breaking out 1-4 times a week, since i stopped i havent broken out once. not once. my skin looks amazing, red marks are healing WAY faster, i dont have to incorporate that application time into every morning and night, and, best of all, i dont have to listen to people cracking jokes about how weird my skin looks (it was always oily from moisturizers). what i do now is just wash twice a day, sometimes once a day, and apply neutrogena healthy skin w/ aha. i dont know, maybe i grew out of my acne and the regimen was just giving me acne cause of how intensely it dried my skin out. another change i made though about 2 months ago was i stopped eating or drinking any dairy products. occasionally i will end up eating a bit of cheese or whatver in my food if someone else made it, but when i make my own food or order food i never get anything with cheese or creams. this may just be a genetic thing for me cause i know for a fact that dairy products make my father break out and he has normal skin. i also bought omega-3 cod liver oil pills and i take those every day as well as calcium pills to make up for not having dairy in my diet. i would recommend anyone with fairly mild acne to try this if they're having problems with dryness after months on the regimen as i did.

hey i just recently quit the CSR a month ago after using it for 7 months because I found that once summer hit I wasn't able to keep my skin moisturized, no matter how much moisturizer i used or how little bp i used. my skin constantly felt dry throughout the day, i could notice it whenever i ate, especially something like a burger from a restaurant where you have to open wide. any time i went swimming, my skin would get intensely dry and flaky, alligator style. any time i would sweat, which was pretty much all day at work, any flakes that werent visible when my skin wasnt wet became extremely visible, which in itself was way more embarassing than any acne. my social life was pretty limited because i was paranoid of missing applications. the regimen did clear me up pretty good, but looking back i had the same problem with the dry skin in january when i started, and i noticed any time my skin was dry/flaking it was also occasionally breaking out. during the spring season it was immaculate for nearly 3 months, cause i wasnt having any flaking. anyways before that i was using proactiv for a year and a half, since i was 19, and im 21 now. i mean that was 2 years i'd been using stuff on my face so last month i decided to stop altogether and see what would happen. on the regimen i was breaking out 1-4 times a week, since i stopped i havent broken out once. not once. my skin looks amazing, red marks are healing WAY faster, i dont have to incorporate that application time into every morning and night, and, best of all, i dont have to listen to people cracking jokes about how weird my skin looks (it was always oily from moisturizers). what i do now is just wash twice a day, sometimes once a day, and apply neutrogena healthy skin w/ aha. i dont know, maybe i grew out of my acne and the regimen was just giving me acne cause of how intensely it dried my skin out. another change i made though about 2 months ago was i stopped eating or drinking any dairy products. occasionally i will end up eating a bit of cheese or whatver in my food if someone else made it, but when i make my own food or order food i never get anything with cheese or creams. this may just be a genetic thing for me cause i know for a fact that dairy products make my father break out and he has normal skin. i also bought omega-3 cod liver oil pills and i take those every day as well as calcium pills to make up for not having dairy in my diet. i would recommend anyone with fairly mild acne to try this if they're having problems with dryness after months on the regimen as i did.

Too bad the regimen didnt work for you in the long run. I had the same problems with dry and flaky skin during a periode but then I changed to another moisturizer and the problem almost disappeared over night. Which products did you use ?

Very interesting story. I wonder why the regimen stopped working for you after so long?

Is Neutrogena Healthy Skin w/ AHA the acne cure? hmmm

i tried several different moisturizers

cetaphil

neutrogena oil free

neutrogena healthy skin w/ aha

eucerin dry skin relief w/ 5% urea

some vichy moisturizer

complex 15

the eucerin was the best but still didnt keep dryness away in dry seasons. i'm actually beginning to think i may have just started outgrowing my acne because i was getting a lot of it on my back and haven't had any of that in the past few weeks either, and my facial hair's starting to get considerably thicker. maybe at 21 im finally finishing puberty, haha..pathetic