Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lyrical

am i supposed to refrigerate my topicals?

my dad picked up duac and tazorac from the pharmacist yesterday and there was a label on the tazorac that read "remove from refrigerator before giving to customer". beacause of this, my dad insisted on keeping both cremes in the fridge. when i used tazorac before, i never put it in the fridge so im guessing that the cremes arent supposed to be in there. anyone else think my dad's an idiot?

lol. No, I think the pharmacist was an idiot with the dumb label. "Remove from refrigerator before giving to customer"?... as if they're going to give the customer the fridge with the creams inside it by mistake. When I had Duac, the leaflet said that once it is out of the refrigerator you have to use it within 30 days. So it depends how long you expect it to last. Keeping it in the fridge won't to any harm either way. I don't know about the Tazorac.

my dad picked up duac and tazorac from the pharmacist yesterday and there was a label on the tazorac that read "remove from refrigerator before giving to customer". beacause of this, my dad insisted on keeping both cremes in the fridge. when i used tazorac before, i never put it in the fridge so im guessing that the cremes arent supposed to be in there. anyone else think my dad's an idiot?

well I've never used Taz, but I do use retin-a, which I think is pretty much the same thing. I don't keep it in the fridge nor has any pharmacist ever told me I have to.

I do use Duac, and I do keep that in the fridge. I believe you're supposed to or else after 30 days it will be no good. And I usually keep one tube for more than 30 days.

yea i was wondering this also. on the pack it says to keep in a cool place or below 30 degrees (celcius) this got me worried a bit because here in Australia where i am in summer its pretty common for the temp to be in the 40s

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Duac is refrigerated... tazorac isn't

My derm told me 60 days, or 2 months, for Duac.. and that it did not have to be refidgerated once it has been opened...

Duac is refrigerated... tazorac isn't

Yup. Refrigerating will keep the Duac at the right concentration (and hence effectiveness) for longer.