Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ylem

Once again, Silicone Injections

But that Dr. Alkek isn dallas has had his own acne scars injected with silicone for over thirty years [email protected]!!

It's frustrating because the only thing thats going to work on my worst scars is a filler! I have a very unusual case. Most on here get the easy-to-treat icepicks.

But that Dr. Alkek isn dallas has had his own acne scars injected with silicone for over thirty years [email protected]!!

It's frustrating because the only thing thats going to work on my worst scars is a filler! I have a very unusual case. Most on here get the easy-to-treat icepicks.

Ylem, I think some of my scarring is very similiar to yours just a bit smaller in size. However, when I saw a derm awhile back about fillers, he thought some of the lumpiness under my scars and around them was making it look worse and that if I did get a permanent filler and then later my scars smoothed out naturally it would be bad. My scars have smoothed out some since then, so getting a permanent filler at that time would have been a bad idea. They didn't even want to get restyaline for me because they thought there was chronic inflammation and fillers might not help that situation. Even though it looks like fillers would be great for me, I don't know. Have you seen Alkek and has he evaluated your scars and thought they were right for treatment? Also how much $$$ is this. I just know I'd probably be the 1% allergic to it. There was a horror story on this from a women on here within the last year I believe. She had lumps all over and couldn't find anyone who could help her remove them. :(

The lumpiness was due to the fact that the doctor overcorrected the areas. ThIS IS A common mistake. You have to undercorrect in order to accommodate the collagen formation that will surround the silicone. This is your body;s response to the foreign substance. No doubt it is a tricky procedure to perform but if u win, u win big. My derm here thinks fillers would work for my cheek scars. Dr alkek has not evaluated me though, but im sure he wouldn't disagree. Besides, my scars have been there 10 years and will never soften naturally. They are too large and too deep.

It is actually unusual to need this type of procedure. Most people I have seen on here don't need fillers.

tricia -

I spoke to the lady with the bumps in her skin (i think it's the same one). She told me that the injections were done by someone that was new at it and she thinks that they were done too close to the surface. Her problem was resolved with a moderate depth dermabrasion done by another doctor. It removed the lumps and her skin returned to normal.

The silicone method must be done by an experienced dr. that is well versed at the procedure or else the chances of problems can escalate.

I am definitely going to Dallas now for silicone microdroplet! Thanks for that great, informative pm Dan!

I am definitely going to Dallas now for silicone microdroplet! Thanks for that great, informative pm Dan!

I hope it works well for you Ylem. When I said I had lumpiness in my scars earlier, it is natural lumpiness, not from a filler as I have never had one done. So I wonder if I got a filler and then some of my lumps smoothes out more later if it would mover or if the silicone might even accidentally get injected into the lumpiness accidentally. When I performed a saline injection on my scar it raised it rather funny looking, but of course it disappeared pretty quick as the saline is supposed to. I think the saline did help smooth some of the scar tissue but there is still a depression and I'm wondering if my collagen is still filling in now after finishing many self injections. Maybe the silicone wouldn't be placed in the wrong spot by a good doc but there is still a risk since it is permanent unless you do something like a dermabrasion :mad: I'm glad the women got rid of it finally from dermabrasion though. Let me know what the cost is when you find out, and if he charges by syringe. He also does sculptra which you might be interested in. I noticed he doesn't advertise for silicone injections on his website, I wonder if he's not allowed to by law :think:

I hope it works well for you Ylem. When I said I had lumpiness in my scars earlier, it is natural lumpiness, not from a filler as I have never had one done. So I wonder if I got a filler and then some of my lumps smoothes out more later if it would mover or if the silicone might even accidentally get injected into the lumpiness accidentally. When I performed a saline injection on my scar it raised it rather funny looking, but of course it disappeared pretty quick as the saline is supposed to. I think the saline did help smooth some of the scar tissue but there is still a depression and I'm wondering if my collagen is still filling in now after finishing many self injections. Maybe the silicone wouldn't be placed in the wrong spot by a good doc but there is still a risk since it is permanent unless you do something like a dermabrasion :mad: I'm glad the women got rid of it finally from dermabrasion though. Let me know what the cost is when you find out, and if he charges by syringe. He also does sculptra which you might be interested in. I noticed he doesn't advertise for silicone injections on his website, I wonder if he's not allowed to by law :think:

I don't know about the advertising. Dr. Paul Jarrod Frank in New York advertises an entire webpage for his microdroplet technique. I don't think it's against the law.

http://www.pfrankmd.com/SiliconeMicrodropletInj.html

Besides, even if I were to get some lumpiness, I was planning to have a dermabrasion afterwards, so if it gets messed up I wuld still be able to kill two birds with one stone, lol

Silicone isn't natural so I'd opt for collagen. I can't believe people debate about silicone anymore. :rolleyes: It's nice topically but that's it.

Do you know Dr Alkek, and the fact that he has had silicone injected into his own scars for over 30 years? Do you know anything about microdroplet technique?

Bu, thats ok, Im going to do it anyway. I've made up my mind>

I've seen/heard the horror stories of silicone and about it being deadly in the body. I wish you luck though.

Ummm nevermind. Obviously, U havent read about microdroplet. There are reputable docs here in the states performing it. The entire reasoning behind microdroplet came from the hazardous effects of silicone. That;s how the treatment was founded to reduce those side effects. U will never die from having silicone microdroplet, never!! The only rsiks are cosmetic side effects if perfomed by the inexperienced. Of course, this is true with anything. What u r talking about is pure silicone oil, what they used to use in breast implant surgery. We are not seeing eye to eye because what u r describing is totally different. This should alleviate your confusion now.

Silicone oil, in its pure, medical form, is naturally accepted by body for most, this is why no test patch required. I had this micro-oil injected almost 3 weeks ago, and have nothing unusual to report. For first 3-4 days, the illusion of swelling completely corrected my scar, but this effect was short-lived, and now I am back to a sunken-in situation,e.g. it looks same as if I had not done anything. I understand this to be typical, however to all whom have already went through this wait time whether it be via silicone or sculptra, as the engine modality is nearly identical(these products are catalyst stimulators) they themselves do not fill-in area, but rather cause a body reaction that in turn generates colagem which is the means of correction and augmentation. I would like to know when people began to notice the skin to rise or begin to take effect. I have heard between 1 month and 3, but some individual stories would be good. How long before I can expect to enjoy any correction?

tkefsk -

I had my first round 8 weeks ago and my second round 3 1/2 weeks ago of microdroplet silicone. I noticed a bit of correction between the 3rd and 5th weeks after the first round and have begun seeing more correction now 3 1/2 weeks after the second round. It is definitely a very gradual progression but I have seen some decent results. Some of the smaller scars go away after the first round and the larger scars have filled in maybe 50% after the second round. I would guess that the deepest scars may take 3 or 4 series of microinjections to correct. My rounds are spaced about 5 weeks apart. His nurse mentioned that I would begin seeing results after about 2 or 3 weeks but it has taken a bit longer for me. I see them 3 to 4 weeks afther each treatment.

Dan

so you would say you are seeing the most action after a 2nd injection, but you did see imporovement after one at around 1 month. This is in line with what I have read, in that almost everyone requires 3,4,5 rounds of injections before they are content. You are doing every 5 weeks? I may wait slightly longer in-between rounds, like maybe 7 weeks because I fear overcorrection simply from being impatient. I need to see some action in coming weeks to justify another round...

Silicone oil, in its pure, medical form, is naturally accepted by body for most, this is why no test patch required. I had this micro-oil injected almost 3 weeks ago, and have nothing unusual to report. For first 3-4 days, the illusion of swelling completely corrected my scar, but this effect was short-lived, and now I am back to a sunken-in situation,e.g. it looks same as if I had not done anything. I understand this to be typical, however to all whom have already went through this wait time whether it be via silicone or sculptra, as the engine modality is nearly identical(these products are catalyst stimulators) they themselves do not fill-in area, but rather cause a body reaction that in turn generates colagem which is the means of correction and augmentation. I would like to know when people began to notice the skin to rise or begin to take effect. I have heard between 1 month and 3, but some individual stories would be good. How long before I can expect to enjoy any correction?

How long has it been since you had your first round? Have you had any improvement so far?

a short 16 days, I only have one scar to fix so I am quite eager to be done with it, try'in to hit that rare high 90 percentile correction status bro. Come to think of it danT is posting some quite remarkable results, people should wisen up and break away from their fear and walk the walk and get the oil. If I understand 'em right, he says essentially he's gotten 50% improvement in a short 8 week time period on his most serious damages. Fantastic! By that math and logic, he should be due for final flattening in another 7- 8 weeks from now, for a short and sweet 16 week run to the end of his problem, or at least come pretty close eh? I hope I, like dan, can also report high-grade results. May have to do it again, or even even 3 x, but dam it man; then it is done forever, as in no longer a concern. I might wait another month and hit the juice again if I get some noticable collagen proliferation in next 3-4 weeks. I do know that whatever shows up after 4-8 weeks is for life though as in will not go away, the oil cannot be broken down by your body, so the next best thing it can do is to try to quarentine or block it off from rest of body and mark it as a foreign object, it does this by manufacturing collegen around the oil to effectively encapsulate it and therefore push skin up, but it takes time for it to be generated, hence the wait period in-between your action-time...

a short 16 days, I only have one scar to fix so I am quite eager to be done with it, try'in to hit that rare high 90 percentile correction status bro. Come to think of it danT is posting some quite remarkable results, people should wisen up and break away from their fear and walk the walk and get the oil. If I understand 'em right, he says essentially he's gotten 50% improvement in a short 8 week time period on his most serious damages. Fantastic! By that math and logic, he should be due for final flattening in another 7- 8 weeks from now, for a short and sweet 16 week run to the end of his problem, or at least come pretty close eh? I hope I, like dan, can also report high-grade results. May have to do it again, or even even 3 x, but dam it man; then it is done forever, as in no longer a concern. I might wait another month and hit the juice again if I get some noticable collagen proliferation in next 3-4 weeks. I do know that whatever shows up after 4-8 weeks is for life though as in will not go away, the oil cannot be broken down by your body, so the next best thing it can do is to try to quarentine or block it off from rest of body and mark it as a foreign object, it does this by manufacturing collegen around the oil to effectively encapsulate it and therefore push skin up, but it takes time for it to be generated, hence the wait period in-between your action-time...

Well the only thing that makes me skeptical is that I have no record of confirmed improvemnt with GOOD be4 and afters of someone having this done. For now, it's just a hyped thing until I have proof. I'm sorry but ive been let down so much from so so many things. Also, how are the scars going to look when they are elevated? I guess that's where a subsequent dermabrasion comes in. Maybe it's possible to get a complete correction with these two logically.

I do understand what you mean. Reality is, there will always be some remains no matter what, but eliminating the shadow effect is goal #1 because of depth issue. Filling in hole will improve shadowing alot and in turn make much less noticable . There are plenty of pics with the effects of fillers I have seen on net, although you are right, they can be elusive to find photos for acne scars, most are for wrinkles lines, ect, with can be related to somewhat at least . Here is a pic I found the looks authentic of a scar far worse than most you will see, this was claimed to be done with a perm filler, the after looks to be dramitically flatened out, maybe not perfect, but certianly far better than what he originally was fighting.

post-28333-1157044151_thumb.jpg

post-28333-1157044151_thumb.jpg

GOOD LUCK w/ ur silicone injections please keep us posted and pics would be great too!

Optimistic-

How is your AcneFree Scar erase working for you? What kind of scaring do you have, and what have your results been?

Thanks!!

I just started using it about three days ago so I don't know yet. Check out Keithr23 gallery he used it and I can see alot of improvements in his scars. I have depressed scars some very shallow superficial? a couple are deep. I started breaking out very slightly from it nothing noticeable but I'm sticking w/ it. It's only like $14 at Walmart so I figured it was worth a try after seeing Keithr23 results. I'll keep u posted w/ any good/bad results.

GOOD LUCK w/ ur silicone injections please keep us posted and pics would be great too!

Optimistic-

How is your AcneFree Scar erase working for you? What kind of scaring do you have, and what have your results been?

Thanks!!

I just started using it about three days ago so I don't know yet. Check out Keithr23 gallery he used it and I can see alot of improvements in his scars. I have depressed scars some very shallow superficial? a couple are deep. I started breaking out very slightly from it nothing noticeable but I'm sticking w/ it. It's only like $14 at Walmart so I figured it was worth a try after seeing Keithr23 results. I'll keep u posted w/ any good/bad results.

I used it with no results. Yet another failed treatment I have tried.

That is a good looking pic! The pinkness can be easily resolved with resurfacing.

Called Alkek yesterday and he even said u can do the microdroplet while on accutane. I've been thinking about goin back on it on a low dose (generic brand) to resolve the remaining pesky breakouts I still get.

Optimistic-

Thanks!!

That is a good looking pic! The pinkness can be easily resolved with resurfacing.

Called Alkek yesterday and he even said u can do the microdroplet while on accutane. I've been thinking about goin back on it on a low dose (generic brand) to resolve the remaining pesky breakouts I still get.

Hey Ylem I'm happy for u! I'll pray that u get nothing but the best results :D Do u know what the chances or %'s are of silicon clumping I'm curious I had a "clump" above my Restylane injection it's gone now thank God!

Optimistic-

Thanks!!

Hey Ylem I'm happy for u! I'll pray that u get nothing but the best results :D Do u know what the chances or %'s are of silicon clumping I'm curious I had a "clump" above my Restylane injection it's gone now thank God!

Not high as long as you see an experienced doc. I am more worried about being disappointed with the results.

At least now I have my heart set on something else to try. So far, this looks like the best, most promising thing that has come along for my type of scarring.

Optimistic-

Thanks!!

Not high as long as you see an experienced doc. I am more worried about being disappointed with the results.

At least now I have my heart set on something else to try. So far, this looks like the best, most promising thing that has come along for my type of scarring.

If u go in expecting the scars to be perfect afterwards (like I did) you'll b dissapointed. I definately think people w/ rolling scars will see the best improvements w/ fillers. My scars are not just indented they have jagged like edges so they looked horrible with fillers. I might try some type of filler again after I get Fraxel hopefully this will soften the scars. I wish I knew of a Dr. in my area that had acne scars, and has went through some type of scar revision like Dr. Allek. It seems like most of the Dr.'s and or plastic surgeons I've seen a.) don't care/don't want to help me. b.) are full of shit c.) think I shouldn't do any type of treatment. It really pisses me off when they say that I shouldn't do anything b/c if they were in our shoes I'm sure they'd seek some type of treatment. Well again Good Luck! Keep us posted :)