Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jinpossible

Be gone blackheads and whiteheads!

Hi y'all!

I've had acne since around age 11, but it wasn't until age 16 I started getting blackheads and lots of whiteheads (clogged pores). At first I used to have zits in my forehead that would beg for me to pop them. These were the kind that would splatter on my mirror. However, they didn't leave any scars behind.

I'm 22 years of age, male, and 70 kg's. My face gets oily after about 30 minutes post cleansing, and it stinks too! I don't have many zits. Rarely get them, and I never get cysts. Well, maybe once a year.

Since I've tried so many products for my acne -- differin, tetracycline, benzoyl-peroxide, skinoren, mandelic serum, glycolic acid, etc. -- last Wednesday (08.23.2006) my derm prescribed me Roaccutane 40 mg's a day for 6 months. He's going to call me in in 3 months or so. No blood tests though.. :think:

Pray for me y'all. I hoping my IB won't be as bad as that of Corrine. We seem to have the same type of acne.

Day 4

My face is itchy, dry and tight. Still shiny though. Could it be the moisturizer? Currently using Nivea Light Moisture and Natusan Daycream.

Mind and body feel tired and exhausted. Perhaps I'm getting another cold, although the last one isn't completely gone yet.

Don't know what else to write today..

Day 5

How come it feels as though I'm wearing a wig or something? My scalp is an itchy mess, and it's not because of the shampoo I'm using. Dandruff is a night mare, so I'm hoping it won't come to that? What's weird is that both my tight and dry face and hair are oily. Feels disgusting.. :mad:

My lips don't feel dry at all. I've been using all sorts of lip balms and chap sticks since day one. I try and do touch ups before my lips feel "regular." Also, I use straws when I drink. :razz:

I think the worst side-effect is that I'm feeling downright lazy and out of tune. This weekend I felt like sleeping all day and night..and I'm really a super active person. I workout at the gym 3x a week, have dance lessons 1x a week, dance and stretch a lot 3x a week at home, and I do vocal exercises 7x a week.

DAY 6

My scalp!!! I try and not to scratch, but I'm going crazy in here. :evil:

Lips are alright, but my nose was itchy as a mutha at work. I had to buy Vaseline and q-tips to moisten the insides of my nostrils. Felt soooo good. Heh.. Am I suppose to stick the q-tip way up in my nose? I didn't do that, but I can sense something weird is going on up there.

My voice is different, sort of breathy and weak, and I can't talk very loud. Also, some of my upper range is gone! I'm a singer...WAAAAH!!! :wall:

Hi Jinpossible, wish you good luck with Accutane, I have started a couple of days before you, I am on 20mg a day, will increase to 30 next week. I am so sorry for all the side effects you are having! I am just using tons of vaseline on my lips and moisturising like crazy..

I feel tired and exhausted too even with my small dosage, but didnt see much difference in my performance in the gym :dance:

Thanks Test and Vinni!

I'm sorry you're feeling fatigued. You'll probably feel better soon. My mental state is much better now. :)

In desperation I posted this:

Hi!

I started my Accutane treatment last Wednesday. On Thursday, my nose felt all stuffy and runny, and when I blew it, yellow and bloody discharge came out. Do you think this is because of Accutane? Has anybody experienced this while on the drug?

Right now it sort of stings inside my nose, way up there. Probably above my soft palate. The phlegm runs down my throat and onto my vocal chords, which makes it difficult for me to sing. My singing voice is practically gone! :(

Let me know. :pray: I'm really frustrated about this, as I usually sing 7x a week.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=113101

I don't have many zits. Rarely get them, and I never get cysts. Well, maybe once a year.

OK please explain to us why you're on Accutane then?

Well, I've got lots of clogged pores in my face. Gunk stuck beneath the surface. I do get pimples if I don't use some exfoliating serum of some kind. The clogs have to come out at some point, you know?

DAY 8

It's been a week now. My energy level is lower than usual; could be due to not getting enough sleep. I still get fits where I just have toscratch my scalp. I don't know what to do except keep myself occupied. Head & Shoulders for sensitive scalp doesn't do sh!t. Looks like I'm losing more hair strands than usual.

Got a couple of pimples here and there. Less than 8, I think. None of them are big or really bother me.

DAY 11

Wow! Somebody posted replies here. Good luck to y'all too! :D

There isn't much to say about the state of my face. I have a couple of small, barely noticeable pimples here and there, except for this bump right below my right temple. My oil production has gone down, thus I no longer look like a sweaty pig in the afternoon. Also, the oil odor seems to be gone.

I solved the itchy scalp issue. Since my scalp is oily (no more though), I figured using a conditioner would make my hair all yucky. Well, I tried one for normal hair today and my hair didn't itch at all. It feels tight and dry right now though, as I had to shower again after my second workout session.

Side effects: none that I can't counteract. :D

DAY 17 / 3rd WEEK

I'm back! Not sure if my oil is gone afterall. Yesterday I could smell the "oil odor" again, and my face is oily in the afternoon. Of course I could blame the greasy moisturizer. It leaves my face looking like a fried sausage after applying it. :mad:

More bumps are forming and blooming into small pimples. If I were to guess, I'd say there were like 5 of them. I try and stay away from mirrors, as it's very tempting to play doctor on my face. :redface:

Looks like all the pores on and around my nose are clogged. When I move my finger gently on the skin in that area, I feel little clogs sticking out. Does this mean they're being pushed out?

Side effects: When I put on my Blistex lip balm, I see lots of loose skin on my lips. Rarely get that dry lips feeling though, and if I do, I apply something asap.

DAY 18 / 3rd WEEK

One begger got squashed while showering. Three beggers died under my fingers. Whoops! However, all of these came out very easily and my hair conceals the "accident" sites. No more beggers..for now.

Please don't put any of these in the middle of my face. :pray:

Thanks, dude! I'm checking your log every now and then. :)

DAY 20 / 4th WEEK

OMG! I'm such a popper. I killed 5 yesterday and 3 today. Forgive me! I'm not used to having so many zits that can be popped. None of which where situated anywhere visible in my face, though. I seriously need to quit looking in the mirror.

All 'em blackheads on my nose..I squeezed them out too, and it looks like I scraped a layer of skin or two off in the process. Ouch! Will these clean pores fill up with gunk again? Why are the tiny pores red inside?

Why are the tiny pores red inside?

You are made of flesh right? Flesh is red internally and a pore is inside.

Well, I hope they don't fill up. :wall:

DAY 21 / 4th WEEK

My nose looks like it got attacked or something. There's a truth to that.. :shifty:

AAAARGH!! I am definitely pissed and short tempered nowadays. Usually I get a good workout just about every single day of the week, but Tuesday and Wednesday (today) I've done nothing. I was so mad today that I had to take my anger out on the trash can in the kitchen, as people started throwing garbage in it without placing a bag in it first. Looks bad.. I feel like breaking something right now. :evil:

DAY 25 / 4th WEEK

It's been almost a month now. My IB (hope it is) seems to be rather mild. I have a couple of pimples in my face, but they heal fast. I haven't had any serious ones..

My nose looks awesome! I extracted the blackheads I didn't get 4 days ago, so now my nose is all clear. Everything came out easily, and none of the pores have filled up either. :surprised:

I'm not experiencing any side effects but stiffness in my hip joint. When I dance and try and do splits, it hurts a lot. Also, some of the bones in my ass pop and hurt a couple of times a day. :shock:

DAY 31 / 5th WEEK

Hey! Life is great without oily hair and a shiny face. :dance:

One month into the cure and no noticeable change since my last post. Looks like I'm breaking out very mildly for now. However, my face is still full of those nasty clogged pores. I bet all the pores are clogged.

DAY 59 / 2. MONTH

Wow! Time sure flies. My face is 100% clear of pimples, but I still have clogged pores/whiteheads distributed all over my face. Not many, though. I think I need to switch moisturizer again. My cheeks are dry and I'm getting wrinkles. :shock:

What bothers me the most is the muscle and joint pains and the constant fatigued feeling. I feel old. Two weeks ago I pulled some muscles when I did a split during one of my dancing classes. Guess what? It still hurts! Also, I don't feel like weightlifting at the gym right now. It's been 2 or 3 weeks since last time. :snooty:

To top it off -- I got another cold last last Monday, only two months after last time. :wall:

hey jinpossible i had a similar condition...LOTS of oil, not very many pimples...and endless clogged pores which wud fill up shortly after i squeezed anything out of them

im on month 2 of my treatment and the blackheads on my nose came out...i extracted some..but some just came out during cleansing..i hope they dont fill up again (fingers crossed)

hopefully u experience the same...or perhaps u already did

DAY 76 - 3rd MONTH

No pimples, but I still have clogged pores. Perhaps I need a facial to get everything cleaned out.

In addition to my other side effects, my nose has started itching again. It probably started two weeks ago. My nose is dry inside and there are scabs that bleed a little. I think I can taste the blood on some occasions. Really nasty! Will this surpass anytime soon? Also, my eyes start getting dry and red in the middle of the day. Accutane and winter doesn't sound like a good combination.

VARISHA,

Another reply!!! Cool! Are you experiencing any side effects yet? My nose filled up a little, but not half as much as before. I'm sure it's just to "put a lid on" the open pores. Nevertheless, I'm not concerned about this. Have you had an IB yet?