Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slimjim

Punch Excision

Hi All,

I am new to the forum but I feel this is a great site!

I have some ice pick scars and I would like to do punch excision for 3-4 of the larger ones. I may followup with TCA Cross or Fraxel Laser after.

I have two questions if anyone can please help.

1. Does anyone here have any advice on this procedure...like what to expect, healing time, do's / don'ts etc?

2. I am located in the Los Ageles, CA area and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on good doctors for this procedure. I am willing to fly if needed.

Thank you very much for any help! :)

Slim

I just had one done and it was no big deal at all. Didnt hurt or anything I just washed it gently and kept vasoline on it with a circle bandaid for 7 days. Now I have a steristrip on it to ensure that the "scar" left over is as thin a line as possible.

Its really not a big deal at all though theres hnoestly no reason to get nervous about it (I was a bit lol)

Guest HKS

Keith23 do you have pics of the remaining scar after the excision, I would really like to see them :)

Keith23 do you have pics of the remaining scar after the excision, I would really like to see them :)

i still have a steristip on it. I will post pictures when the steristrip is off and when it is totally healed. its a line though with no sinking or anything. I could tell what it looked like right after they did it. Was no big deal though and I see no reason to get overexcited about the procedure. Its pretty hard to mess up and most of the bad jobs were done on scarring that was not right for the punch procedure. Do smaller to mid sizze ice picks with this. Nothing huge and nothing tiny and you will be happy with the results.

i still have a steristip on it. I will post pictures when the steristrip is off and when it is totally healed. its a line though with no sinking or anything. I could tell what it looked like right after they did it. Was no big deal though and I see no reason to get overexcited about the procedure. Its pretty hard to mess up and most of the bad jobs were done on scarring that was not right for the punch procedure. Do smaller to mid sizze ice picks with this. Nothing huge and nothing tiny and you will be happy with the results.

Can you please let me know where you had the procedure done and the docter's name?

Thank you

slim