Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Showering/Cleansing with colder water

I've always showered with really hot steamy water and I felt that I would get new zits after coming out of the shower, same thing when I steam my face.

Now since Yesterday night, I've been showering with cold water (I cleanse in the shower).

Think this will help?

I doubt it will make a difference. I have always had cold showers and I still have bad skin. Hot water opens your pores and cold water closes them. That's why they tell you to shave after getting out of the shower, your pores are open, your skin is softer, and you get a much smoother, and closer shave.

I don't know if hot water is bad for you. I do know that it dries out your skin if you don't retain the humidity or something like that (apparently anatomy was the biggest waste of a class ever, I can't remember a thing), but in the Acne Research forum there's a huge thread here of people that have drastically improved their skin with steaming. It might actually be beneficial, but some doctors warn against steaming (not good for broken capillaries or rosacea).

Hot water dries out the skin much more than cold water. So for general skin health i would suggest using cold water. And improving the skin in general often helps with acne..

Warm water is the best bet. Its not harsh like hot water, and its not ineffective like cool water is. I never felt clean with using that, making my skin worse and worse.

I think that both using really hot and really cold water is not healthy for the skin. The best you can do is showering with warm water, so your face won't suffering from it.

I've always showered with really hot steamy water and I felt that I would get new zits after coming out of the shower, same thing when I steam my face.

Now since Yesterday night, I've been showering with cold water (I cleanse in the shower).

Think this will help?

When i was a freshmen (im a junior now) id think this exact same thing. Id pop pimples before i got into the shower, and when i got out it would appear as if the head on each zit was already back. The truth is that it really doesnt matter if u use hot water or cold. To me cold feels better on my skin, but thats just me.