Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You know, I started RAM last night (after having the Rx filled for a month and toying with the idea of actually using it or not)... my face looks less red over night... I bet it would have looked better if I hadn't had a picking party last night (I know, BAD!) :wacko:

I am wondering if my RAM 0.1% is too strong? I also have a Rx for Avitar Cream, which is a 0.025 concentration...

I have acne that shifts... sometimes it is classified (by the derm) as severe, other times it's just mild... I'm also on an antibiotic (Keflex) so I think that would help with an IB. I know y'all have answered about a bajillion questiosns on RAM, but any input would be appreciated :)

If you are not experiencing irritation (extreme redness, excessive dryness) then you are fine with the .1%. If after a few days, you start to experience the aforementioned, just apply RAM every other night, as opposed to every night.

this is funny.. i just started using ram 0.1% too and was also wondering if it is too strong.

can anyone recommend a good cleanser and moisturizer?

i've been using md forte facial cleanser level 2 (its glycolic acid) for a while and it doesn't bother my skin but i'm afraid it might burn my skin since i'm using retin-a micro now. i was thinking about using the neutrogena facial wash (the orange liquid thing) but my skin dries more using that than the md forte cleanser level 2.

any thoughts? thanks!

Using retin-a micro with glycolic acid is not a bad idea.

They have different mechanisms, and glycolic acid actually serves as an anti-inflammatory.

But acne users often have the propensity to overdo. A pee size is really, really enough.

If you observe redness, switch to every other day for ram.

moderation is the key for RAM...i promise you.