Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KnowShow

I'll be the guinea pig this time

it is my belief that my acne is caused by too much testoterone which is producing excess oil ...

what if i were to take these

Herb Valley Saw Palmetto 1800mg - 60 Capsules

Saw Palmetto is a type of palm tree, also known as Dwarf Palm and its primary medicinal value lies in the oily compounds found in its berries.

Saw palmetto is believed to inhibit the actions of Dihydrotestosterone or DHT (a potent form of testosterone) on the prostate that causes prostate enlargement and interference with urinary flow.

Among the main constituents of Saw Palmetto are fatty acids and sterols. The fatty acids are purported to be responsible for testosteroneinhibiting effects within the prostate.

Saw Palmetto is shown to improve urinary flow and reduce the frequency and urgency of urination in men with prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH).

The excessive presence of DHT has also been linked to androgenetic alopecia and hence Saw Palmetto may also be beneficial in men suffering from this condition.

Therapeutic Benefits

• Relieves symptoms of medically diagnosed Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy such as frequent urination and painful urination.

• May assist in the management of alopecia.

i do piss alot.

Yeah, I remember Snipe on the old AbsoluteAcneInfo forum used to go on about this. It worked well for him, but i think he only had pretty mild acne. Worth a shot though, and report back with results!

It's not really the testosterone but the IGF-1. Read a bunch of SweetJades posts. I think too much testosterone is a culprit in very few people's acne, namely girls with hyperandrogenism?

i've been working out like crazy.. not on steroids or anything like that, but just some of the supplements and exertion mess with my bodies levels, and i break out more. :cool:

I was goin to try saw palmetto. I had some echinacae lyin around the house so i tried that first. It seemed to heal my face a litttle bit. I also heard dandelion root and burdock (which are good for your liver) seemed to work well on skin conditions. I beleive the underlying cause of acne is your liver and kidneys aren't properly filtering out the impurities and toxins in your blood and they eventually come to the surface as acne. let me know how saw palmento works out