Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gash

What does UV rays do to PIH in darker skinned ppl?

i have darkish skin so my red marks are a bit browner. i was wondering does the sun make them go darker or help heal them. i start accutane this week and will be on it through spring and start of summer so what should i do about sun cuz i don''t wanna become a hermit?

lots of sunscreen? is there any non-comodegenic sunscreens out there whichj also moisturise?

cheers

The sun will make then darker, so be careful. I wear many hats because I have so much hyperpigmentation. If your skin can handle a moisturizing SPF then go for it, SPF breaks me out so don't use sunscreen

The sun will make then darker, so be careful. I wear many hats because I have so much hyperpigmentation. If your skin can handle a moisturizing SPF then go for it, SPF breaks me out so don't use sunscreen

I have redmarks and when I tan it doesn't make them darker in fact it makes my complexion nice and even. It is when I am pale that my red marks stand out!

im hispanic and if i go out in the sun my marks get all black and ugly. I hate it. Its happened twice and it takes a long time to reverse it.

I have redmarks and when I tan it doesn't make them darker in fact it makes my complexion nice and even. It is when I am pale that my red marks stand out!

Just be careful -- DON'T get sunburnt while you are using topicals. I did a few times and now I'm stuck with a red complexion that hasn't gone away after nearly a year.