Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brendan_192

wats your opinion??

ok so i use differin at night and basically whenever im at home. i use BP if im gonna go out.

changing between creams all the time gets really annoying. im thinking about just using a differin cream all the time (so ill always have it on) the problem is differin makes the skin look really greasy however it feels great when ive got it on. i mean it doesnt make my skin feel really dry or anything.

i figure if i use it more often its gotta do more to fight the acne right.

maybe ill use less then it wont look so greasy.

any suggestions

i tried differin for a little less than a month, recommended by my derm. it literally did nothing for my skin but i continued until i ran out because i'm cheap and i paid a good price for it. haha. how long have you been using it? if you're not seeing any difference, i say find a different alternative or just continue using it if you don't want to waste it like me. chances are the gel isn't strong enough to help you.

yea i had the same sort of problem when i was using it though i only used it for a short period of time, but usually i just applied it when i woke up and if i went out i would just wash it off then when i got home i would just reapply it.

i use benzaclin now and sometimes it leaves white marks when it drys up on my face so i usually just put it directly on the breakouts when i go out instead of putting it on my entire face, you could try that with the differin gel

well it does work for me but i dont have perfectly clear skin or anything like id like too. yea well the reason im thinkin of just puttin it on all the time evan if im goin out is it should work better shouldnt it. well not better but i mean if its on more it has more of a chance to work. another problem with it is by the time i wake up its prety much been wiped of with my pillow. are there other prescription creams that are better, i just figured my derm would of prescribed me the best cream. maybe not eh

i used the gel and i've never had trouble with it staying on during the night. i also didn't have trouble with white residues since it was a gel.

brendan_192 since differin works for you, you should try applying it twice a day, 12 hours apart, and see how that works out. i think your acne should heal faster if you're going to apply it twice a day vs. once a day.

I use Differin,and have for quite awhile (a year maybe?)...I have never had trouble with it not staying on,or leaving white marks.What I do is before bed I wash my face,put my moisturizer on,then put the differin on.