Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoreyL

Eating gum daily?

Im just wondering peoples thoughts about chewing gum everyday... lets say orbit gum. Im curious about it because it has some things in it like aspartame and phenylalanine and weird ingredients like that which i have read can be toxic. I know gum is really small, but i chew it everyday and it adds up and im wondering if this is bad.

Yes, depending on your tolerance level even this amount of natural and/or aritificial sweetener will cause problems.

KillingTime can't tolerate gums with Sucralose/Splenda and perhaps other artificiall sweetners.

I can't tolerate gums with natural sweeteners and knowing what I know about the composition of Splenda (aromatic hydrocarbon) and how it can break people out (even those with clear skin), I'm staying away from it.

On an up note though, pure xylitol sweetened gums do not break me out. Due to xylitols anti-cavity nature, it's advised to chew 2 -4 peices daily and again, no problems.

:angel:

yeah i never really expected it to break me out from a couple little pieces of gum, but now i know its possible. thanks sweet jade. :)

Eating gum daily?

I've heard of people eating a pack a day and since it stays in the digestive tract it doesnt allow all the nasty grease and fries to be absorbed and so the body stays healthy and the skin gets clear. Heard lots of good results from it. Hope your diet works!

i try to chew gum every time after i eat, to keep the stomach acid flowing supposedly and help digestion. makes any sense no?