Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little star

What's the best thing i can do for my scars?

I have some rolling scars, scarred pores and just generally bad texture all over. What can i do to help smooth my skin out, not including lasers? I'm already getting v beam for redness, so i can't do any other laser.

My dr said they could do smoothbeam later if i wanted. But is that even permanent? I can see how the laser would stimulate collagen to fill up indentations, but i need something that will make my skin smoother.

What about camelia oil? I've heard that if you use it for months, it'll really smooth your skin out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

From reading this board religiously, I suggest needling for the rolling scars and TCA Cross for the ice picks. For the bad texture I suggest a topical such as Retin A or Tazorac or Differin or for something more expensive, you could do Fraxel laser.

I've been thinking.. This might sound sick, but what if you took some sandpaper, and gently filed your face every day? Could it possibly work?

Actually, my derm says he sometimes buys sandpaper from the hardware store, soaks it in a sterilizing solution, and uses it to treat certain types of scarring! I asked him if he was joking. Hes said no!! I would really have a qualified professional do this though. I'm sure the chances are near 100 perecent that u are going to cause severe raised scarring if u try it yourself.

From reading this board religiously, I suggest needling for the rolling scars and TCA Cross for the ice picks. For the bad texture I suggest a topical such as Retin A or Tazorac or Differin or for something more expensive, you could do Fraxel laser.

From reading this board for a year i have to conclude that needling and TCA are not effective at treating scars. I have seen countless before and after pictures from these procedures and only Reilly had fullfilling results and Gumby that used to post claimed great results from needling but was on here all teh time and never posted ONE single before and after picture.

If I were u I would use subcisions for rolling scars and excision for ice picks scars as long as they are not too small or large to treat. Check out some of MasterK's posts on here he is up on real treatments for real results.

I dont really know how well retinoids work for clearing up any scarring, not very good in any case as everyone on here who has scars has at least used retinoids as a acne treatment and most all have not had any results from the retinoids as far as scars were concerned.

One cheap solution to shallow scars and redness was the Acne Free scar eraser. Check out my gallery to see me before using and like 9 months after which was the recent excision pic I posted. Note that I went through a 5 month Accutane treatmetn at that same time. I do not encourage anyone to use accutane as a solution to scars either.

I am about to do Fraxel treatments which is good for minor scarring which is all I have besides the scars I just had taken care of and then get on with life. I have to admit that most everything is easier and feels better when your skin looks good and you know it.

I'm doing TCA Cross, and I've seen improvement. I don't post pictures because I don't have a camera as I'm guessing other posters don't have.

I'm also trying needling, and I'll post those results though yet again without photos. Whether or not you trust me is up to you. Besides frequently even people that post photos are accused of photoshopping them anyways.

I'm doing TCA Cross, and I've seen improvement. I don't post pictures because I don't have a camera as I'm guessing other posters don't have.

I'm also trying needling, and I'll post those results though yet again without photos. Whether or not you trust me is up to you. Besides frequently even people that post photos are accused of photoshopping them anyways.

Thats true and I have seen soem that do mess with the pictures to look better which is kinda fucked up and I dont really get that. But Gumby claimed the scars were eradicated using needling and said that for privacy no pictures were posted. I thought this was a weak claim as I am not comfy with postign my face on a friggin pimple sight either but I still did it with the paint program to hide my identity.

I have seen loads of pictures from needling and TCA cross and talked with loads of members and stand by my claim that I think this is an ineffective treatment for acne scarring. YOu had good results and Reilley as well but 99% see very little to no results from it.

I dont really care if other members want to do it but I am pretty convinced that it is not the best procedure. They are the cheapest but money isnt everything. I sure wouldnt risk my face with TCA especially the do it youself Ebay kind. Glad it did well for you.

TCA Cross has helped more than one percent of people on this board. Do a search for TCA Cross, and you'll see more people saying positive things about it. Reilly wasn't the only person that posted pictures showing improvement from it.