Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xRyanx

Clearer Skin: No Milk, No Iodine Diet

I've noticed a huge difference.

Research what foods are high in iodine.

Eliminate milk from your diet...use subtitutes like Soy ...see health food stores

Eliminate IODIZED salt...most fast food places put on fries and in your table salt...buy sea salt or an alternative.

Drink LOTS of fresh water.

Take a Zinc vitamin daily.

Calcium Supplement.

Rest.

Clearasil Face Wash 2 to 3 times daily

Persagel 10% cream after washing all over face before you break out and directly on break outs.

NO cheese! Biscuits...what else is made with Milk?

It sucks..but try it out for a week or two...you WILL notice.

No Iodine foods...tuna,salt,spinach...look up more on the web.

I've noticed a huge difference.

Research what foods are high in iodine.

Eliminate milk from your diet...use subtitutes like Soy ...see health food stores

Eliminate IODIZED salt...most fast food places put on fries and in your table salt...buy sea salt or an alternative.

Drink LOTS of fresh water.

Take a Zinc vitamin daily.

Calcium Supplement.

Rest.

Clearasil Face Wash 2 to 3 times daily

Persagel 10% cream after washing all over face before you break out and directly on break outs.

NO cheese! Biscuits...what else is made with Milk?

It sucks..but try it out for a week or two...you WILL notice.

No Iodine foods...tuna,salt,spinach...look up more on the web.

I'd like to point out that defieciency of iodine would cause goitre, a thyroid gland diesease located right at your neck, my cousin had this diesease and went to hospital for about a year to cure it. So you can avoid foods high in iodine, but do get the recomended amount of iodine :)

it does help but i dunno remove it? it's easy to say to take things outta ur diet but then again then we couldn't eat really anything cuz maybe then we woudln't have any acne at all.

I'm going down a similar route, loved milk and cheese and now have cut them out. For milk I've now switched to rice milk (I actually prefer this anyway actually now, just a bit more expensive). Cheese I've found hard to replace so just make sure I eat it rarely.

I think where there's a definite correlation, like there has now been proved with milk, my own opinion is its worth cutting out/down. Acne is normally the result of a variety of factors and the more that are reduced, the more some treatment, or any other isolation will have a chance of working as well.

cheese is okay because it doesn't have the same hormones. i've found at least! the milk thing seems pretty true for me due tto milk's hormonal content.

luckily i'm lactose intollerant so when i do have say a latte i have it lactose free. it seems to be in the lactose that the problem lies

my derm says that most of the cheese is processed very differently so theres very little hormonal content or its overly manufactured so its so processed its not really cheese. This makes sense to me!

as for the sugar thing, i'm not a big sugar person so i don't know. i think tho that everyting in moderation is the big factor.