Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

debating on cetaphil or septrojel same time as proactiv.

Any tips on these two, i'm debating on what to use with my regular routine of proactiv, using proactiv twice a day seems too much so is it safe to use another cleanser in the meantime?

WHat does work better, I want something really mild since I have sensitive skin and don't want to irritate the skin. I do tend to get itchy from the bp but thats the large quantity I shouldn't be using morning and night?

Other than that I like proactiv when used wisely!

Personally, I found the original spectro jel fairly good as a cleanser, but make sure you do not get the "for oilly skin" spectro jel, it made me and others break out like crazy. The regular one is fairly good though.

As for cetaphil, I myself have never tried it, but it's gotten great word of mouth, so I can only assume it's good. You also might want to consider Dan's cleanser, when I started using it, my face became like 3x smoother after like a week. Either way ;)

Cheers

I used Cetaphil for the first four months or so of the regimen. I switched to Spectrojel, along with changing some other things and I'm now clear. You be the judge.

Also, Spectrojel just feels so much nicer to wash your face with. Cetaphil left a film of slipperyness on my face, but Spectrojel gets you feeling clean, is less drying, and even cheaper.

I think there is one spectrojel called acne clear or something is this the one you mean or the original i think purple is the best?

The purple one I foudn to be the best, the for acne prone skin one is fairly good as well though, just not the for oily skin.