Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xRyanx

No Dairy, No Iodine = ALMOST clear skin!

First of all, hello to everyone. I'm new here. I've suffered every pain imaginable when it comes to acne and I guess it's almost comforting in a sick way to find others here that have suffered the same. I don't know why we were chosen by God to have this thorn in our flesh but I know we're all here by design and the Designer is perfect and knew we would have this challenge in our lives. I guess if nothing else, acne has made me a deeper person, more compassionate towards others instead of a flakey, stuck up, vane person. I think I'd rather be dog ugly than a stuck up jerk..ya know!

Anyways...you can always email me for more about me and my struggles.

The reason for this post...

I'd been having major flare ups over the last few weeks and decided to research a little on the net and then experiment.

I found 2 common triggers for acne throughout the webpages: Milk, and Iodine

Incidentally there is A LOT of IODINE in MILK. Go figure!

I also found out there is a lot of iodine in spinach, and tuna.

***note: Most salt is IODIZED salt. Get your Fast food fries WITHOUT SALT! Most table salt is IODIZED so buy sea salt or another substitute if you have to have salt.***

My girlfriend who is a healthy eater recently got me hooked on eating spinach leaves at Subway with my tuna melt sandwiches instead of lettuce...so guess what....

tuna= high iodine

spinach = high iodine

cheese on sandwich = high iodine

mayonaise ...not positive on this one but some contain onion which is...bingo...high in iodine.

So...I've been buying soy milk, soy cheese and drinking lots of water. My skin cleared up FAST except for my back and chest...do to the humidity here...it stays too moist under my shirt to really help from the outside in...however, they aren't as inflammed as they were or numerous.

My regimine then is:

Absolutely no dairy from cows....I look at anything i eat with a label on it...even if it's drymilk used in candybars and what not...I don't eat it.

I take a zinc vitamin (reccomended across the web!)

I take a calcium supplement since I'm not drinking milk

I drink lots of water and avoid sugary drinks like pop

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't try it. There are a lot of other sites on the web that will help you buy shop for non dairy foods and many health food stores sell soy products to replace dairy products.

Don't believe me...investigate it for yourself on yahoo and google. Just type in Milk/acne and milk/iodine and look at the NUMBER of Dr.s who all say nearly the same thing about those two factors alone.

Oh and I do clean my face 2 to 3 times a day with Clearasil face wash....though I MISS their soap bars because they worked GREAT. I then follow with Persagel 10% benzoyl Peroxide and use Aveeno noncomegenic moisturizer as needed in the dry spots. I apply it all over to PREVENT future breakouts...this is key. When I was younger I simply put it on the pimples and no where else...that is backasswards. To effectively use benzoyl peroxide...you need to put it on all over to keep them from forming and comming in the future! Case you didn't know that already.

Other than that...there is a good reason why we require so much water a day and why the planet is mostly made of water. Just be sure your water doesn't contain iodine....but drink lots of water everyday to flush out that junk so it doesn't come through the skin.

I've truly suffered in every sense of that word with acne my whole life and many times wished to die. If I can be an ear to listen...you can talk to me anytime! Send me an email.

From a spiritual standpoint, when you die your bones and acne scared flesh go back to dust...but you do have a spirit....you know more than those with no facial flaws that you have a spirit cause your able to separate it from what you see in the mirror and wish people could see the beautiful you instead of the disease you must bear.

God has allowed us to be humbled by this disease for a greater purpose so like Job in the Bible, I won't curse God but simply trust in faith that He knows whats best and eagerly wait for my glorified body in heaven and that is OUR Hope!

2 Corinthians 4:16 (Bible.com):

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

1 Corinthians 15:42

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;

That is OUR HOPE!! Better than lazor, better than dermabrasion...we will be raised imperishable!!

1 Corinthians 15:44

it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Sorry..done preaching. But what i've said is true.

Holding out hope,

<>< Ryan

Well your chasing dreams if you are gonna try and clear up from diet.

I am a veg and have only used non meat products while I broke out. I also work out 5 days a week and have a very healthy lifestyle. I tried changing my pillow cases and doing all the stuff that I heard but it didnt matter I still broke out.

I saw where dairy was a trigger to acne but thats not gonna keep u clear. I wouldnt change my whole lifestyle thinking I was gonna get clear skin in return cause if prob wont work that way. I just ended up going on accutane when I was 23 and had just had a breakout that left me with acne scars.

Unless something really triggers a production in oil or significantly clogs pores from external means, I really dont think anytyhing but your oil glands and hormones are to blame for acne. Stress is the only factor that is proven to cause excess hormones and sweating which can both contribute to acne.

I don't know why we were chosen by God to have this thorn in our flesh but I know that we're all here...

Maybe he's a masochist... Can you imagine how much fun he must have up there laughing sometimes? Some people's pimples must be pretty funny looking... and only God can see them hiding in their home... not coming out... thinking no one can see them. :dance:

I am a veg and have only used non meat products while I broke out. I also work out 5 days a week and have a very healthy lifestyle. I tried changing my pillow cases and doing all the stuff that I heard but it didnt matter I still broke out.

I saw where dairy was a trigger to acne but thats not gonna keep u clear. I wouldnt change my whole lifestyle thinking I was gonna get clear skin in return cause if prob wont work that way. I just ended up going on accutane when I was 23 and had just had a breakout that left me with acne scars.

Unless something really triggers a production in oil or significantly clogs pores from external means, I really dont think anytyhing but your oil glands and hormones are to blame for acne. Stress is the only factor that is proven to cause excess hormones and sweating which can both contribute to acne.

I primarily eat red meats as my dieting method of keeping my skin clear. Of course I eat fruits and vegetables as well (and avoid grains and sugars), but going veg probably won't clear you up, because more than likely you aren't eating according to your metabolic type. Drinking standard milk would always break me out (my nose would have lots of blackheads, especially), but I have no problems with drinking raw (unpasteurized) whole milk.

First of all, hello to everyone. I'm new here. I've suffered every pain imaginable when it comes to acne and I guess it's almost comforting in a sick way to find others here that have suffered the same. I don't know why we were chosen by God to have this thorn in our flesh but I know we're all here by design and the Designer is perfect and knew we would have this challenge in our lives. I guess if nothing else, acne has made me a deeper person, more compassionate towards others instead of a flakey, stuck up, vane person. I think I'd rather be dog ugly than a stuck up jerk..ya know!

That's so nice. :) You have a lot of great info, and it's nice of you to post it. I'm glad you're getting better!

Hmm... well I must have "caught" my dream then, because it came true! haha It really didn't "change" my diet though, but I did add 4 cups of green smoothies to it a day. I consider green smoothies the natural alternative to Accutane, because instead of synthetic vitamin A, they have natural, safe vitamin A. Interestingly, I sometimes do lots of spinach, but the iodine doesn't affect me. As long as I drink the smoothies everyday, it doesn't matter what else I eat, my skin stays clear. I also believe that hormones are most definitely affected by what we eat...