Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freshie

Intial Breakout and other Questions

Hi I'm new here and I'm thinking about getting into the CS regimen but I have a few questions. First, I've been using AcneFree and BP 10% and I'm wondering would that give me less of a chance to get the intial breakout? I don't really know what causes it and I prefer not to get it (wouldn't we all?) but the items I'm thinking of purchasing are

1) Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash - Cleaner

2) Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment - BP

3)Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion - Moisturizer

My acne has always been very mild to almost none but the occassional zits on the right/left side of my forehead really bugs me. Recently, I bought AcneFree (3 Months Ago) and its been working fine. I then added the BP 10% which made my skin kinda dry so now I'm thinking about quitting both and starting on the CS regimen. Since I've already introduced my skin to BP do you think I'll still get the intial breakout, and for those people who know what steps to prevent it please share. Thanks.

Continue with Acnefree if it worked for you, then just replace your 10% with something milder...

It is hard to prevent an initial breakout; but it is different for different people; many only get a mild initial break out and some almost none...

What type of acne do you have?

On my right/left forehead areas, I usually get whiteheads but its nothing to bad like cysts and stuff. I think I'll just switch the BP to something milder like you said, and get a moisturizer. Thanks for the advice myspip.

On my right/left forehead areas, I usually get whiteheads but its nothing to bad like cysts and stuff. I think I'll just switch the BP to something milder like you said, and get a moisturizer. Thanks for the advice myspip.

Be sure to use a non-comedogenic moisturizer!!!

Well I didn't and my last year was completely ruined (until I found this web site :P)