Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest june

blush

Guest june

liquid(like benefit's benetint), cream or powder? whats best for dry weather(winter is coming) soon...i know cream would be better, but i have never tried one...any suggestions? plus i don't like my bobbi brown powder blush...i think it irrates my skin...i want to try nars, but they don't give out samples of blush and i'm not going to try it on on the dept. stores(germs)...i need a nice flush pink look/glow...i look dead in the winter:) what have you tried that does not irritate your face? any brand any price range....

Guest june

i can't believe that no one wears blush...oh well...i'll have to experiment...

I don't normally wear blusher but if you've been to makeupalley.com, there've been good reviews for Revlon's Skinlights illuminator loose powder (also mentioned in ShortyTheSlayer's topic below) It's more of a bronzer really.

I also have a couple of Elizabeth Arden (One of my favourite brands as I have never broken out from any of their products...yet) blushers that I got with their gift sets (not free as you have to purchase two products first). Very nice natural colours but I haven't had a chance to enjoy them yet due to the nasty acne on my cheeks that only looks silly with blusher on.

I have to be careful about the blush I choose (since I breakout easily) but I love Maybelline and NARS' blushes. I wear them on a regular basis and no breakouts from either brand.

Kittygrl

If you have very dry skin, believe it or not, cream blush won't do any good. To use cream blush, you need to have normal to slightly oily skin....otherwise those cream blush will take a long time to blend and it will look dry. Gel and liquid is a bit better but they tend to dry up pretty quickly.

My suggestion for winter looking good skin.

1) moisturize ....this is essential...if you have supple soft skin, every blush will blend well.

2) If you want dewy look in winter month, try mix MoonBeam (from benefit) with your foundations and apply it all over the face with fingers. I got this tip from makeup artist in the US. It works!

3) pair gel/ cream blush with dewy face: powder blush with matte looking face. I can't tell you what is best for winter time because blush has no protective property. I prefer powder blush in winter month, but that's me.

Recommend: (I will recommend only those I've tried and love, ok...still....I might have more blushes than I could possibly need in one life time....lol)

Gel

The body shop lips and cheeks tint. easier to use than benefit's benetint...similar color

Herbal Cheek Gel in Unmentionable Love....orangy/pinkish color that will make you look fresh and alive.

cream

Stila Convertible Color in Lillium...warm pink..

Make Up Forever in Rose Petal...this is perfect pink for fair to medium skin. If you want shimmery cheek, you use rose petal first then follow with just one teeny tiny dab of moonbeam (benefit).

Bloom sheer color cream in sunkiss and rosie. Sunkiss for medium to dark skin, rosie for fair to medium skin. Cheap blush cream! only AUD$15 (in australia, of course)

Fresh Age of Innocence ....I think the name said it all.

powder (my fav...so I have tons of them)

Nars blush in orgasm....orange/pink. this is my all time best color from Nars. It will look good on every one.

Cargo in Catalina. baby pink color

MAC Sheertone blush

-Pink swoon...This is the most popular among Asian girl in australia. Almost every asian girl own this color. I do think that it suit fair to light medium skin.

-Pinch O' Peach......warm pink/ with orange hue.

MAC Satin blush in Fleur Power. I don't know why I have this color in my makeup bag for over 5 years. It is not my favorite but it does give me that "alive and well" look.

Laura Mercier in Nectar and Rose petal.....I tried this two a month ago. Like them both. Nectar is orangy pink. Rose petal is just soft dark pink.

BeneFit Dandilion.....pale pink with a bit of shimmer

Guest june

i moisturize a lot! i'm a dr. hauschkas normalizing day oil and toned day cream gal...so my skin has stopped flaking(finally...one month on the regime). the reason i'm kinda curious about cream blush is

-i've never tried them

-my skin texture is back to normal

-winters are really dry here:(

but i think your right(sparty) "cream" shouldn't be taken literally with blush so i'll stick with the powder...

i'm going to buy the nars blush in orgasm!... a make-up artist told me that it's the best color/blush and as you stated will look great on any skin color...i just wanted others opinion before spending $30 plus on pinky powder:) thanks all for your reply's:) my skin is looking great so i finally get to wear a little blush:)

sparty...it's not to orange? i'm not looking for a bronzer look i already have one...guerlain bronzer #2 which is fantastic if anyone is looking for a bronzer...god girl...you've tried a lot of stuff! smile.gif

Dr.Hauschkas day oil and toned day cream is....ummm....a bit too light for snowy winter day. You might need to change to Dr. Hauschkas Moisturizing Day Cream during winter, cause oil tend to absorb faster than cream. I think you need a bit more protection than oil and toned day cream. But we'll see, right. biggrin.gif/

I think cream/ stick blush works great on bare skin....just moisturizer and blush. But you have to have clear skin though.

I like Nars orgasm. It does look orange, but when you use it on your skin it become...sorta peachy pink than orange....I think you should try them on your hand. My trick...I bring my own brush and I try them on my hand. This way you can tell if you will be able to blend them in perfectly with your own tool or not.

I LOVE Guerlain bronzer....*muah* my fav one too! I also think that the translucent pressed powder is great. y' know...the one with multi color....love them...been using that one for more than 8 years already.

Guest june

well i do own...all dr. hauschkas...

-day cream

-rose cream

-quince cream

-toned day cream

a bunch of samples:) except toned day cream

so far so good with the oil, but you do have a point...

- i agree...cream blush and naked skin...

hummmm, i want a light pinky color so maybe something else...i'll have to look at your list again...i'm asain...the draker side of light and lighter side of med...if this makes any sense....maybe the mac, but i'm nervous about using their porducts(not a lot of luck with it)

isn't guerlain bronzer #2 the best! i love it! i havn't tried the powder though...i could go broke talking to you about make-up:)

Try MAC pink swoon, BB pale pink (most popular for HK girl), MAC Fleur Power ...this one suit lighter side of dark asian skin (like mine.....lol).

Be careful....you might go broke....lol

Hey....if you are asian....you might like Benefit dandilion too. My friend love this one so much.

I don't think MAC makeup has ever give me any single pimple BUT their skin care products SUCK (sorry mac lover....I love mac too). The only skincare I can use from MAC is strobe cream.

hey....you can PM me, if you want make up tips for asian skin. I don't know them all...but I do know how to deal with it "somewhat". lol

I was reading the posts about the NARS blush in ORGASM and i also went to the NARS webite to read more about it but it doesn't say if it's non-comedeogenic or oil-free and those 2 things are super important. The blush seems like it's pretty popular but if it's not non-comedeogenic or oil-free it's gonna make me break out and i don't wanna buy it unless i know for sure.............DOES ANYBODY OWN THE BLUSH OR KNOW FOR SURE???

no....they are not "non-comedeogenic" BUT blush shouldn'ttouch your face at least, if you don't wear foundation, you have to have sunscreen on your face. It create a thin layer between your skin and your makeup.

Don't need to worry about brush but rather pay attention on the foundation and powder that you use. Make sure that they are non-comedogenic and oil-free.

Be careful about the word "oil-free".......NOT ALL OIL ARE BAD.....SOME CAN BE GOOD FOR YOU. ...When looking at a product to determine if it is comedogenic, you must know about the ingredients themselves and not just go by what a portion of their name implies. For instance, the words “oil� and “wax� sound heavy, but some oils and waxes are not necessarily bad for the skin. Much of the naming process has to do with chemical structure........excerpt from Audrey Kunin, M.D. (dermatologist)

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newslette...0002B330452B%7D

Nars blush are not "non-comedogenic" BUT only at level 2 out of 5, which is quite safe.

and

You will be surprise if you read the ingredient list. Some cosmetic companies lure you to believe that their product are "oil-free" and "non-comedogenic"...but when I read the ingredient....their product contains high level of comedogenic ingredients.

It is important to learn to read the ingredient list....not just what they want us to believe.

I would recommend powder blush. You don't usually have to worry about powders being comedogenic, whereas cream blushes often contain a large amount of heavy oils/butters and other potential pore-cloggers. I wouldn't pay a huge amount of money for blush, though I'd avoid the very cheapest brands just in case (choose a company that you know tends to make acne-safe foundations and powders) (not much extra money considering blush lasts a long time; you're also more likely to get a mirror in the compact).

I currently use Almay blush ($7- 8 ). I trust them to be non-comedogenic, since they make foundations that don't break me out (though I no longer use them because they aren't high enough coverage).

Try the NARS Multiple. It rocks and it can be used as blush, lipstick and eye color. I've used it ever since it came out and it doesn't irritate my skin.