Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

Moisturizer, I hate it!

Hi guys, it my second post here i just joined, I just wanted to mention that when i use moisturizers any of them my skin gets too oily and its disgusting, it also tends to feel that I break out cause of it, specifically whiteheads.

Why is that? I know everyone suggests to use moisturizer but i'm better off without.

Currently I use proactiv oil free moisturizer spf 15 and the good part is the sunscreen which does help to get rid of redness from the sun when using bp 2.5% in proactiv.

thats strange! :think: i have very oily skin, too. It gets oily within 2 hours of me washing my face. i found out that my problem was because i DIDNT moisturize. now i apply Clean & Clear Oil Free Morning Glow Moisturizer about 20 minutes after i wash my face. it still gets oily eventually, but its better than what i used to have. i really hope u find a solution!!

This might sound stupid..But when I was younger, when my acne was worse. I always moisterised with a good anti-acne oil free one everyday with my acne reigme. It stayed the same, my skin was oiler. So I switched, same thing. Once I stopped all together moisterising my skin improved so much more. I am not saying do that, but it helped me.

But "now" I need to moisterise, as my skin is dry and senstive. If I don't it feels so irritated.

Moisturizing shouldn't cause acne. You can try a different moisturizer if it does.

The acidity of moisturizing should actually prevent acne growth. If your face is too dry, then that can cause acne.

yupp, as long as you don't use a comedogenic moisturizer which I did you almost a year!!! Thank god that I found this web site [Now I use another moisturizer... much much much better!!!]

Does it make sense to use too much moisturizer or its never too much and can't harm at all even if skin is usually oily?

Your moisturizer sucks. If you aren't using the correct moisturizer for your skin type, obviously your skin is going to be chronically oily/dry. Try different products.

I have experimented with mostrizer alot and it DOES make your skin more oily, skin being dry is bad aswell but thats why i have mentioned not to wash with soap so much

I have experimented with mostrizer alot and it DOES make your skin more oily, skin being dry is bad aswell but thats why i have mentioned not to wash with soap so much

It's a delicate balance. You really need to look into cosmetics that are appropriate for your skin type. Buying crap off the shelves at WalMart is not going to fix your problems.