Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XoSadiezXo

Exercising-safe make-up?

Okay, so my problem is I just started cross country running, and I wear make-up to hide red marks and scars, and I refuse refuse refuseee to go outside w/o any on lol. I am breaking out.. and I think my problem is being a make-up wearing exercisor ... so do you know of any make-up that is safe to exercise in ??

I currently am using Pure foundation from Maybelline I think.. I know wearing make-up during exercising is a very risky thing to do.. but I'm only 14 and therefore do not have enough confidence to go outside with spots all over my face. (well that may just be me lol) Any suggestions?

Okay, so my problem is I just started cross country running, and I wear make-up to hide red marks and scars, and I refuse refuse refuseee to go outside w/o any on lol. I am breaking out.. and I think my problem is being a make-up wearing exercisor ... so do you know of any make-up that is safe to exercise in ??

I currently am using Pure foundation from Maybelline I think.. I know wearing make-up during exercising is a very risky thing to do.. but I'm only 14 and therefore do not have enough confidence to go outside with spots all over my face. (well that may just be me lol) Any suggestions?

I know it may be difficult, but please DO NOT exercise with makeup at all..........I swear i develop cystic pimples within hours if i exercise with makeup.

Guest TylerD

I agree with the last 2 posts.... If you wear makeup and sweat a bunch underneath your asking for huge problems.

I feel you on this one! i'm going to be 19 and still don't leave the house without makeup and haven't since i was probably 12 lol In my opinion the best makeup for me while exercising was PUR minerals althought i'm sure any mineral brand would do....it stayed in place and even though some of it would sweat off it still looked perfect somehow. Please don't wear any liquids though!!! Or perhaps you could just try spot concealing with a concealer and dusting some translucent powder over your face? the waxy consistency of the concealer won't sweat off........

HTH and good luck!

I know it may be difficult, but please DO NOT exercise with makeup at all..........I swear i develop cystic pimples within hours if i exercise with makeup.

Yeah I exercised with make-up on and have quickly learned NOT to do that.. it just sucks looking like a red-faced monster lol especially when the sweat makes it glisten with rage!

I feel you on this one! i'm going to be 19 and still don't leave the house without makeup and haven't since i was probably 12 lol In my opinion the best makeup for me while exercising was PUR minerals althought i'm sure any mineral brand would do....it stayed in place and even though some of it would sweat off it still looked perfect somehow. Please don't wear any liquids though!!! Or perhaps you could just try spot concealing with a concealer and dusting some translucent powder over your face? the waxy consistency of the concealer won't sweat off........

HTH and good luck!

I wish I didn't have to wear make-up because it's so annoying but so far I'm only wearing the pure concealer with sal. acid in it which i don't think officially counts as make-up. It's taking a hell of a lot of will power to wake up and go outside with almost nothing on but this may be the only way to get clear. Of course I'll wear a little something here and there but I wish the best for all of us who have had to wear make-up to feel somewhat confident outside.. Lol the worst thing was when right after exercising my mom told me to put on some concealer because my face was so red.. and she doesn't like me wearing any make-up at all so I knew I looked bad! But then again she's buying me several products so I forgive you mom ;-).

Ummm yeah sorry for talking so much lol. Thanks for replying