Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

how many people had problems when they went to get their blood test done every month after accutane?

I am just curious about the stats........

plus...why do we need blood test every month?

thx

how is this URGENT?!

for the US, it should be EVERY single one.

elsewhere, who knows.

google "accutane" read their health advisory from official sources and THEN pose questions that you may help... hell, read the sticky Accutane FAQ on this board.

self help ftw?

how many people had problems when they went to get their blood test done every month after accutane?

I am just curious about the stats........

I don't know what you're talking about by "problems." I personally have not had any, but plenty of people have cholesterol and/or pregnancy issues that could be life threatening if not detected by blood tests. Trust me, even if it was 1 in 1000, you don't want to be that person who ends up dead.

Blood test just too see if your tryglycerides and cholesterol goes up because accutane may cause that. Very rarely does derms take someone off because of extremly high tryglcerides and cholesterols. Granted accutane does cause a rise but not to the point of where you're going to die.

If you mean as in problems with the blood and not just waiting times and stuff haha then i've no problems at all, my blood was perfecto :cool: and all i eat is junk. ^ Like they said, it seems it's very unlikely you'd ever have to be taken off because of the changes accutane does to various levels

Accutane raises blood lipid levels in most people, and if the elevation is extreme it can actually be fatal. So they have to check for that. Accutane can damage the liver, so they check liver enzymes to make sure your's is handling the medication well. Accutane causes severe birth defects, so if you are a woman they check you for pregnancy.