Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After being on the regimen for 7 weeks now, I'm starting to clear up. I should be happy, but I'm not. As I read before starting the regimen from both interior and exterior sources, BP really slows the healing of red marks. So here's the thing. I use to have like 2-3 active spots at a time, and about 3-4 red marks. After being on the regimen for 7 weeks now I have 1-2 active spots, 8-10 red marks... I honestly don't find this is at all better than what I had before :S, and I have been using NHSFL for about 3 weeks now, and these red marks are really bad...anyone experience the same thing? Thoughts, comments?

Seriously...Patience is all you need now. You've cleared up, that's a good thing, now look forward to slowly introducing products into your regimen that will heap fade the red marks. Try something like a microdermabrasion kit (the loreal one is great), and you'll see results. Just keep positive.

thats extremely good.

red marks go away. What they need is time and you need to stop worrying about them. The Neutrogena Moisturizer can only do so much.

what gives you that thought? I dont think ive EVER had a red mark stay around for about a year. I think the most ive ever had a red mark stay was for about 4 months, and thats just because i irritated it by popping and picking.

i have NO IDEA where youre getting the thought that they are going to last for about a year.

alot of people think this. my old derm and basically everyone in the redmakrs forum. maybe its different for everyone.

and also PIH and redmarks r different i believe. so i might have been talking about PIH. sry if i got anyone confused. im confused right now myself.

what gives you that thought? I dont think ive EVER had a red mark stay around for about a year. I think the most ive ever had a red mark stay was for about 4 months, and thats just because i irritated it by popping and picking.

i have NO IDEA where youre getting the thought that they are going to last for about a year.

I have one redmark that bothers me in particular... I've had it since before I started the CSR, and a total of about ten months. It's crazy. My skin sucks, though, and redmarks seem to linger forever. It's likely different for everyone.

But yes, patience, patience... some of my redmarks come and go, some don't.

the good thing is that since you are having less active pimples, you will be getting less red marks. so eventually, if you stick with it, your skin will look a lot better. that's from my experience...i have very few active pimples (maybe 1 a week) and still have red marks...but they are fading everyday and i am not getting new ones on a regular basis. so i am happy with the regimen.

the good thing is that since you are having less active pimples, you will be getting less red marks. so eventually, if you stick with it, your skin will look a lot better. that's from my experience...i have very few active pimples (maybe 1 a week) and still have red marks...but they are fading everyday and i am not getting new ones on a regular basis. so i am happy with the regimen.

Yeh I'm just kinda spazzing right now cuz I just started going out with this girl, and it's pissing me off more than usual now :P.

My red marks last over 6-8 months, some nearly a year.

I have been on the regimen for only a week and I already see great results! Most of my active pimples are gone...only 1-2 tiny bumps remain.

But the red marks are terrible. Even makeup is not helping to cover it.

Thinking of using a AHA moisturiser....heard it helps with fading red marks faster. Any thoughts on this?

well i was on accutane and i've been off of it for about 2 months now...i had a lot of redmarks in the begining when i cleared up about the fifth month. By the end of my 7th month when i finished i could tell a little difference. And now 2 months after finishing my redmarks have faded even more, i have many on the sides of my cheeks but they are slowly going to my skin color. Oh yea i was on bp since about my 4th month in accutane so my redmarks are fading even when using bp. so just be patient and it will all get better

dude... i'd be happy if my scars lasted a year. as it stands my entire chin is red from old acne (and i mean ENTIRE chin - it's nearly solid red). and it's been that way for about 10 years. i assume it's permanent (esp. since i'm still breaking out all the time). makeup almost never completely covers it. i'm on a constant hunt for something that will match my fair skin, yet be opaque enough to properly cover that angry red. but i don't even like the artificial look of makeup to begin with, so i'm trying to accomplish all this while keeping my look "natural." :lol: these days (esp. w/all the chaos brought on by the CSR over the past month), i've given up.

my only saving grace is that on my cheeks, and from about the bottom of my nose upward, i have no acne, and the skin is nearly perfect. but i'd trade this bizarro hybrid thing for a year of scars on the whole face.

oh, and to Begin:

i completely hear ya -- i've been going thru the same thing as you, and it's why i stopped the CSR yesterday. im sorry though... i know it sucks. :(

sorry 'bout all the venting... i'm in an extraordinarily bad mood and since i stopped the CSR, pimples are reproducing like it's the free-lovin' 60s and my face is Woodstock or something. my face is inflamed and burning. like i said... bad mood.

Yea redmarks will take its time to heal because of bp. But you can try a moisturiser with aha or bio oil (like me).

it won't disappear overnight but will fade eventually

I have a few redmarks left. It is amazing how much the acne scarring stands out now that the acne is almost completely gone and the red marks are fading. Gonna try apple cider vinegar for the remaining red marks.

Tell me though, what exactly is apple cider vinager? Is it like a drink? Can I buy it at Walmart?

apple cider vinegar is is vinegar. its different from regular vinegar but u can buy it anywhere. ur local mart should have it. it probably wil lbe in the salad dressing section. anyway u can drink it or apply it topically on the red marks and it helps to fade them faster.

apple cider vinegar is is vinegar. its different from regular vinegar but u can buy it anywhere. ur local mart should have it. it probably wil lbe in the salad dressing section. anyway u can drink it or apply it topically on the red marks and it helps to fade them faster.

i dont get how it works tho what if i have a tan complexion will it make me look blotchier?

My red marks last over 6-8 months, some nearly a year.

Hmm, that sounds like me too! I don't pick them or anything. I was on Benzaclin for a year which contains like 5% BP, so that may have really slowed my progress with red marks. I've been trying this NHS with AHA and it's really burned the heck out of my face lol. I'll just be patient. Dan, maybe after you make that moisturizer you can find something great for these redmarks all over my face.

After being on the regimen for 7 weeks now, I'm starting to clear up. I should be happy, but I'm not. As I read before starting the regimen from both interior and exterior sources, BP really slows the healing of red marks. So here's the thing. I use to have like 2-3 active spots at a time, and about 3-4 red marks. After being on the regimen for 7 weeks now I have 1-2 active spots, 8-10 red marks... I honestly don't find this is at all better than what I had before :S, and I have been using NHSFL for about 3 weeks now, and these red marks are really bad...anyone experience the same thing? Thoughts, comments?

hmm. 8-10 red marks eeh?

I've got over 30!!!

But I'm happy... The CSR has cleared my face from annoying imflamed pimples [got tons of these before]

Are those red marks large?

Then there might be product that can mollify them and make them smaller...

no ur face will not get blotchier. i use acv at night and wash it off in the morning. acv actually is the same color as apple juice so it will actually match tan skin

hmm. 8-10 red marks eeh?

I've got over 30!!!

But I'm happy... The CSR has cleared my face from annoying imflamed pimples [got tons of these before]

Are those red marks large?

Then there might be product that can mollify them and make them smaller...

Well the thing is, my face looks fine up close, I'm happy with those reults, but if I step back from the mirror and til my head diagonally it looks terrible. I'm trying to take alot of vitamin c until I can get some apple cider vinagre, maybe that'll help some.