Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warakawa

I MIGHT DIE FROM USING ACCUTANE

well, yesterday was day 20 on Accutane, so as you guys know my face, lip and nose are very dry, i had nosebleed yesterday, it was the first nosebleed after taking Accutane and it was the worst one i ever had, i had to use about 30 tissue to bring the bleeding under control. I want to know what the best way stop nosebleeding once it has started and also i fear that..........

what if in the middle of a night, i start to have nosebleed while deep in dreams, the blood wont clot by itself blood pressure would be too high for clotting factors to form, then blood would run continuesly from my nose at a rate of 100ml/min (i guess). and eventually die from blood loss. has that happend to anyone before? i mean it can happen. should i install a blood detector next to my bed or something?

well, yesterday was day 20 on Accutane, so as you guys know my face, lip and nose are very dry, i had nosebleed yesterday, it was the first nosebleed after taking Accutane and it was the worst one i ever had, i had to use about 30 tissue to bring the bleeding under control. I want to know what the best way stop nosebleeding once it has started and also i fear that..........

what if in the middle of a night, i start to have nosebleed while deep in dreams, the blood wont clot by itself blood pressure would be too high for clotting factors to form, then blood would run continuesly from my nose at a rate of 100ml/min (i guess). and eventually die from blood loss. has that happend to anyone before? i mean it can happen. should i install a blood detector next to my bed or something?

no. that wont happen. youre just a little paranoid. ive never hear dof anyone ectually dying of nosebleed =/. Bleeding noses just stop. There are a few ways to stop it, one is to sit there straight up and just let it run, itll stop bleeding i promise, and another is to just lie down for a while until you can get up without it coming out. Once i hemeraged (sp) from my nose and had to go to the hospital, they shoved a huuuuuge thing up my nose to stop the bleeding. it went all the way upmy sinus canal and i had it there for a week. But there was no worries about me dying. It was just worries about blood being all over.

Yeah I've never heard of a death from nosebleeds.. when I was younger, I used to get bloody noses almost every single night... or else at least a few times a week, and that went on for a while. And i'm still alive :dance: It oftened happened in middle of the night when im sleeping, but I would wake up.

i think this just sounds kinda silly. dying from a nose bleed sounds silly to me but you wont die from a nose bleed so stop worrying.

If you sleep upside-down like a bat, then that could happen. Otherwise, all you have to worry about is bloody pillowcases and a crusty nose.

I think you'd probably be more likely to asphyxiate on the blood as opposed to bleeding to death.

Yup... unless you're a hemophiliac...

"If you sleep upside-down like a bat, then that could happen. Otherwise, all you have to worry about is bloody pillowcases and a crusty nose."

"I think you'd probably be more likely to asphyxiate on the blood as opposed to bleeding to death."

You guys are very helpful................now i feel so much more comfortable goin to bed.

Just to further comfort you, the great warrior Genghis Khan supposedly died of a nosebleed. :D

Many scholars disagree with this, by the way, so try and calm down a bit.

In reality, however, was that nosebleed the only one you've had? If so, it was probably just an anamoly.

People with severe allergies have nosebleeds all the time and rarely suffer anything worse than a little loss of blood. I know someone that falls asleep with ice on the bridge of his nose to stop his allergy-induced nosebleeds, and he claims that it's effective. You can also try a humidifier or placing something like KY Jelly (sorry, I know, but Vaseline will dry you out in the long run) in your nose via a Q-tip.

Also, are you taking aspirin or ibuprofen? Both can thin your blood or make it flow more easily, so that could explain this as well.

"If you sleep upside-down like a bat, then that could happen. Otherwise, all you have to worry about is bloody pillowcases and a crusty nose."

"I think you'd probably be more likely to asphyxiate on the blood as opposed to bleeding to death."

You guys are very helpful................now i feel so much more comfortable goin to bed.

lol...sorry- didn't mean to make you worry more. I just meant that I doubt you'd lose enough blood to "bleed to death" from a nosebleed. Also, I'm sure if you did have enough blood in your throat to choke, you'd wake up first. I think you're being a little paranoid, but to ease your worries, talk to your doctor about your concerns.

You know, i've never had a nose bleed in my life. I must say though, i'm curious to as what they're like. :dance:

well, you should be grateful then, but if you really want to know how they feel then

1. go get a power drill and stuck it up your nose

2. get Ted Williams to smack your nose with a wooden baseball bat

3. spar with Tyson

4. skateboard under tree branches

5. accutane 120 mg / day for 3 months without vaseline

6. stand infront a train

most of them would give a bloody nose i'll tell ya.

this post cant be serious...

no offense but............you are a huge *edit by mod* ........no one can die from a nosebleed :wall:

dude your body will wake you up if you start to bleed so much. The moisture will irritate your face/neck/whatever. i mean come on, nobody can sleep THAT SOUNDLY. actually i wouldn't mind dying in my sleep. that is like the best way to die

I have had literally hundreds of nosebleeds, I dont know about dying from having a nosebleed but I have choked badly on a clot that got stuck in my throat which was horrible. When I first started taking accutane I got them the worst, a couple times both my nostrils bled heavily like a tap was on but recently I havent had one in over 2 months which is weird becuase I usually get one every few days.. they just kinda stopped.

Hey u should watch out for the 30th day u start bleedin from your ass and u have to use heaps of toilet paper to wipe ur ass with.....oh and make sure u apply alot of lubricant for that dry anus cuz it will get dryer...but at least

you dont have to apply lubricant wen u wanna have sex with your gay partner ;p.....are u feeling more comfortable yet? and oh yes ghengis khan died from a bleedin anus not a bleedin nose u loser! ;p