Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest papillon

The Shallow People on this Forum

Guest papillon

Dear Acne.org Members:

Although there are many lovely, nice members here, there are ignoramuses on this board who like to call people, "turd monkey" and "retarded" for absolutely no reason at all, and cannot engage in a constructive debate without telling another person that they are "wrong". These people, obviously, don't even have any concrete facts to support their opinions, but when anything sounds remotely different from what they've been believing - it's AUTOMATICALLY wrong or retarded. I have absolutely no respect for these people.

Now, I'm definitely NOT retarded as I have a CGPA of 4.0. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm showing off, but I don't give a damn at this point as I'm upset and fed up. (I'm not saying I'm smart. In fact, no one is. I just know that hard-working and getting good marks is important.) I'll be starting school soon as a psych grad student after I finish one more semester of my undergrad commerce program. I hope to be studying WHY people have the need to call others names for absolutely no reason at all. They probably need help. Perhaps the stress of acne is getting to their nerves and they have the need to vent at others for absolutely no reason at all.

I originally joined this forum so that I could get help with the outbreak of zits that happend due to retin-a side-effects. I also helped others by giving product reviews and giving advice, and I got some of these from other people as well and I loved this. BUT - it appears that this forum does not allow freedom of speech/opinions as members like me get flamed and called names by ignoramuses.

People here need to learn that different does not always mean bad. People here are scared to learn new facts. I don't understand why people are so ignorant these days. Well, we all know that ignoramuses don't get far in life. I also believe in karma and believe that these people will be punished somehow.

Have a great future to those of you who've been nice to me and others, and respected our opinions and differences. We will, obviously, go far in life since we are not ignoramuses.

To those who called me names and told me that I'm wrong in everything I said and couldn't debate intelligently: You can go back to your little cave and suffer there for eternity.

Thanks Dan for making a site like Acne.org to help acne sufferers. It's been very resourceful.

Good luck to all the nice folks out there! Love ya!

I'm gone for good and never returning to Acne.org forum. I know, "never say never", but this time is an exception since it's for real! =O)

Sincerely,

papillon (formerly pppapillon).

^ I agree.

Just so that you know, people always resort to name calling- I guess people find it easier to name call than to accept they are wrong.

Take care.

Yeah, I'd have to say you should lighten up and stop taking things so seriously (especially something as trivial as what you described) that you encounter on an internet forum. Relax. Breathe. Relax. Breathe. Sleep.

its just the internet, dont take it so seriously..if it isnt tru then it doesnt hurt..

Haha yup

And your showing them that they won by driving you out.

hmmm...psychology--my first love. Switched my major when I realized you can't change people, so I switched to premedecine. NameCalling is just an artistic(in some cases) form of expressing anger. It seems that even though you are book smart you lack many inner resources. You simply need to let go of you anger, pride, and malice towards other; then I'm sure the petty namecalling won't affect you whatsoever. You may actually join in; because nothing feels better than standing up for yourself.

If another member makes a personal attack on you, hit the report button and a moderator will deal with the situation.

No need to quit the site because of a few dickheads ... there are dickheads everywhere ...

Dear Acne.org Members:

Although there are many lovely, nice members here, there are ignoramuses on this board who like to call people, "turd monkey" and "retarded" for absolutely no reason at all, and cannot engage in a constructive debate without telling another person that they are "wrong"...

Don't forget "gay idiots." I saw that one once.

It's not very effective to complain about name-callers when you then call them "ignoramuses." Just a suggestion ...

I don't think you should let their behavior drive you away. Stay around if for no other reason than to piss them off. By leaving you let them win; then they will feel justified in doing it to someone else they want to "kick out."

Good luck with your acne and all you do in life. :wavey:

haha im the one that called u a turd monkey. i remember u pmed about it saying i called u one but i really cant remember that well y i called u that. i was probably joking/ wasnt being serious/didnt think u were taking it seriously. so yea sry if it hurt u but i dont mean to hurt peoples feelings on purpose here.

haha im the one that called u a turd monkey. i remember u pmed about it saying i called u one but i really cant remember that well y i called u that. i was probably joking/ wasnt being serious/didnt think u were taking it seriously. so yea sry if it hurt u but i dont mean to hurt peoples feelings on purpose here.

I thought "turd monkey" was quite funny. You gave me a laugh that day. :lol:

she was right. And it is very irritating when you're here for help with acne and some idiots trample all over your opinion with their lack of vocab insults and general idiocy, however its a pity she didnt grit her teeth and stick it out like we all do..for the most part i just skim over replies from those kind of people and carry on through a thread...out of sight out of mind.

you called her or him a turd monkey in the ACV thread lol. You called him/her that because you thought he/she said you were putting apple cider on your face. So you said I am not putting apple cider on my face you "turd monkey" lol why that made me laugh idk but it was funny. Immature I know that it made my chuckle but I have never heard anyone been called that before.

Guest papillon

*SIGH~*

You guys are really sweet. I came back today expecting to see some more name calling and severe retaliation, but none of that's here. Yay.

Anyway, I don't think we should call each other names. I try to ignore them, but it's really hard to do that. I'm already stressed out enough with acne, a couple of scars, and school - and being called a "retard" just doesn't make me feel better about myself. It makes me sad and when I'm sad my acne appears worse than it is. =o( When I'm happy, zits appear to heal faster. LOL

I was really angry and disappointed when I wrote the above post. I apologize for showing off about my grades. It bothered me a lot. I don't feel good about "showing off".

School's going to start in two weeks, so I'll have less time to post/rant on this forum, but I'll drop by (I want to drop by) from time to time. I like you guys and this forum.

*SIGH~* *SIGH~*

So, I went to see my derm last Friday and she wants to put me on Differin. !!!!!!!!!! I hate retinoids. I don't recommend them. I don't know if I should take another big risk and use Differin. This is extremely frustrating. :wacko:

See ya around.

- papillon

I know how you feel, and one of the worst feelings is being bashed for basically coming up with a smple solution that is fixing all my problems. Why can't some people come to the realization that sometimes unconventional methods are better.

its the internet who cares if some person on the otherside of the world types nasty words about you. i think overall if you are here to give help and care about how others are doing then you shouldn't give a crap about what other people think cause the majority still want you around. DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL SHIT

I completely agree with you papillon. I hate it when I say my opinions, and some people blatantly disregard them as if they are superior. They have no consideration for people's opinions on this forum, and they should stop being so damn self-centred. There are no right/wrong opinions, and people shouldn't be slated when they give their opinions or ideas, unless they have been offensive enough to provoke rudeness - and papillon definetely has not been like this.

However these people probably won't change, and I feel sad that papillon has to go because of these shallow people, when almost all of his (or her?) topics are there for helpful purposes :hand:

Bloomin 'eck ... I say BLOOMIN ECK!!! :evil: raaa

there are nasty ppl everywhere u go..its up to u as an individual to decide how u are going to react to it. u can get upset and try to change others, which never works..just makes u angry..they win and u lose..so my advice would be to ignore it and focus on the many positives here, because they outweigh the negative. plus..not everyones perfect, we have all had our fair share of hating here..

Guest PurpleHaze1

If another member makes a personal attack on you, hit the report button and a moderator will deal with the situation.

No need to quit the site because of a few dickheads ... there are dickheads everywhere ...

That fails after a while. I am still being bashed. I made a few remarks in Stevie Lee's gallery and dont hear the end to this. What is the point in stay on a site when there is as you put it "a few dick heads" There is alot more then that. I am on a couple other forums and get along great with no bashing and have been there for months. LionQueen you are great as well as alot of people on this site :) But if someone wants to leave because there is a bunch of assholes on this site I Dont blame them. I to am going to leave.... It seems I cant have an oppinion of my own anymore without people bashing me and calling me a fuckin idiot etc.. Its garbage. That shows they are immature and cant take any comments or oppinions unless its their own.

its the internet who cares if some person on the otherside of the world types nasty words about you. i think overall if you are here to give help and care about how others are doing then you shouldn't give a crap about what other people think cause the majority still want you around. DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL SHIT

Good point however why be on a forum with nasty people when you can be on another with nice people. Its as simple as that.