Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poopoo

How to break out in one easy step!

Drink a soda!

This retarded guy at my work offered me a bottle of some sort of citrus type soda, and I thought it would be rude to turn it down, and didn't think it would have too much of an effect on me. Wrong!

My face at the moment might as well be called Whitehead Palace.

Yay!!

Drink a soda!

This retarded guy at my work offered me a bottle of some sort of citrus type soda, and I thought it would be rude to turn it down, and didn't think it would have too much of an effect on me. Wrong!

Yay!!

I doubt that caused it...just IMO

Guest TylerD

Drink a soda!

Yay!!

I doubt that caused it...just IMO

Ya I kind of agree. I could be wrong ABSOLUTELY!!! But from what I know one soda has never made anyone I know break out real bad. But everybody is different so I could be wrong.

Food doesn't cause pimples unless you're alergic.

Nobody really knows the affects of food on your acne...it is a dead subject until scientifically proven..

I dont belive that One can of drink could make you break out, but certainly if your body isnt used to large quantities of sugar then it is possible that it could contribute, the same could be said for fatty foods

No docter i have ever talked with has said there is any evidence that an unhealthy diet causes outbreaks/acne.

So eat that doughnut! take those meds! youll be right enough soon.

dude, drinking one soda did not break you out that bad. if it did, youre allergic, and you shouldnt have done it in the first place.

im not saying food doesnt cause acne, because i dont know, im just saying drinking one soda isnt going to make you break out badly.

Drink a soda!

Yay!!

unlikely it caused it unless of course you're allergic.

and really, he offered you a soda so you call him retarded...does that make sense?

you're kindof an ass. you could have always said you have an allergy if thats what you beleive.

Just because someone doesn't have acne doesn't mean they're an idiot or trying to do you in.

paranoid much?

If this is true, next time you will know not to drink soda...and it's not one bit rude to turn something down if you don't want it. I doubt he would have cried himself to sleep if you would have politely said you didn't want it.

SOrry, but in my case, if I drink Pepsi or Coke, I break out. I figured that it'll only break me out while I'm in my teen years, 'cause when I was young and clear, I drank soda like crazy and never got pimples. But as I got older, I'd break out within one or two days if I drank pepsi or coke. That's why i NEVER drink soda unless it is sprite or fanta. My body can't take soda well at the moment. But it's okay, 'cause I'm fed up with coke and pepsi.

well on the topic of food not causing spots, when i first went to my derm a year or more ago now, she told me, my diet had NOTHING to do with my skin, that it was hormones, stress and genes.....i also read some research not long ago that said chocolate doesnt cause spots at all, and that water doesnt make you clear skinned, its a myth, it helps youre system, but it doesnt 'flush' spots away.

They are just liars... Derms want to get money and if they told you that you could eat healthy and not get acne, they'd have to find a new job.

one soda cannot possibly do that to you, making you break out a bit, sure, but white head palace from one soda? no way

for me drinking one soda won't do much harm to my face but if i continue to drink sodas, my face will break out somewhat in a couple of days

[quote name='masterk' date='Aug 22 2006, 04:49 PM' post='1304330'

Its all about oil and that hormones not food. stress hormones can contribute to acne but thats about it.

:clap: exactly!!

[quote name='masterk' date='Aug 22 2006, 04:49 PM' post='1304330'

Its all about oil and that hormones not food. stress hormones can contribute to acne but thats about it.

:clap: exactly!!

everyone is entitled to their opinion based on their results, but this is not for everyone. I break out from milk, cheese, peanuts, and other foods with alot of suger in it.

I actually agree.

Soda contains loads of Caffeine which stimulates sebum production, and as an astringent too it closes the pores keeping blocked sebum in (AKA a pimple)

Most sodas contain lots of E-Numbers and artificial sweetners that also help to seal off pores.

Some people think that a spike in sugar will help to cause acne because it sends your hormones soaring. Hormone imbalances definately cause acne, and depending on your body different foods will cause hormonal imbalances.

BTW, I hate soda but one day I went out with my friends and had a few and it made me break out too. It depends on your body and what foods / drinks affect your hormones.

*Leon* =D

Judging by the replies it seems like the thread was moved from a different section. I feel stupid now.

Let the kids shower their faces with BP all they want.

unlikely it caused it unless of course you're allergic.

and really, he offered you a soda so you call him retarded...does that make sense?

you're kindof an ass. you could have always said you have an allergy if thats what you beleive.

Just because someone doesn't have acne doesn't mean they're an idiot or trying to do you in.

paranoid much?

I'm not an ass. You do not know me. And I said "retarded" because he literally has mental problems, I wasn't saying it as an insult. I said "no thanks" at first, but then said "ok sure" because I was trying to seem like a nice guy by accepting the soda and I didn't think it would cause a big problem for me.

And to all you people who say there's no link between food/drink and acne...maybe that's true in your cases...maybe that's what your brilliant dermatologists say....but it's untrue for me.