Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sptfirekyleh

Dont know what to do

So yea I have been battling acne since i was 14 and have pretty much tried everything on the market. I used to have really bad cysts but I got on accutane when I turned 18. The accutane took care of all the body acne and most of the cysts it was the greatest thing ever I was CLEAR. But a few months after accutane i started getting red bumps on my face again and the acne started comming back. I tried a few things since accutane like exposed skin care,proactiv, duac and other topical creams. Then I started the regimen. I started off slow but i have very very fair sensitive white skin. I have been on it for probly about 4 months now and my face is always super red. I still get little break outs but im not complaining about that but its the fact my face looks like the sun. If i lower the ammount of bp then i get lots of breakouts. I have tried several diffrent moisturizers like cetaphil, aveeno daily mostuizer, cetaphil lotion, aveeno sensitive skin spf 15 and im trying neutrogena sensitive skin now. The face redness gets really bad but my skin also looks really oily so it just lights up I need to get rid of this redness but i dont know how does anyone have any suggestions?? please help me.

Oh and also im trying natures cure stuff starting yesturday so ill see if any of that works

HI,

Tell me, which cleanser and bp are you using?

Are you using any other products in addition to cleanser, bp, and moisturizer?

ok so I started using cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser with antibacterial and i have used that for several months now even before the regimen. I noticed it made my face red even without bp but i think it helped with the acne(I think) I just recently switched to dans cleanser but i havent noticed any thing diffrent in redness. I use dans bp gel and I have tried using a very generous amount but my face just gets on fire its so red. So i think i might lay off the bp and cleanser for a few days. I also take zinc pills and my diet is awesome. I drink alot of water through the day and im going to give natures cure a try with the bp

So yea I have been battling acne since i was 14 and have pretty much tried everything on the market. I used to have really bad cysts but I got on accutane when I turned 18. The accutane took care of all the body acne and most of the cysts it was the greatest thing ever I was CLEAR. But a few months after accutane i started getting red bumps on my face again and the acne started comming back. I tried a few things since accutane like exposed skin care,proactiv, duac and other topical creams. Then I started the regimen. I started off slow but i have very very fair sensitive white skin. I have been on it for probly about 4 months now and my face is always super red. I still get little break outs but im not complaining about that but its the fact my face looks like the sun. If i lower the ammount of bp then i get lots of breakouts. I have tried several diffrent moisturizers like cetaphil, aveeno daily mostuizer, cetaphil lotion, aveeno sensitive skin spf 15 and im trying neutrogena sensitive skin now. The face redness gets really bad but my skin also looks really oily so it just lights up I need to get rid of this redness but i dont know how does anyone have any suggestions?? please help me.

Oh and also im trying natures cure stuff starting yesturday so ill see if any of that works

This is exactly how my face is! I don''t know what to do!

hm... You wouldn't want to try to go back on accutane though? i think I've heard that it's normally more effective if you've taken it before.

Both Aveeno and Eucerin have products formulated to deal with redness. You may want to check out their websites.

Yep! I love the Aveeno! It helps with the redness on my cheekbones and I saw a difference within a week.