Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuzer

Barely touching face - Causing acne?

Hi guys,

I'm about 5 weeks on the regimen and my skin isn't much better, but I did just realize something that may or may not be causing the problem.

I've touched my face at times during the day VERY LIGHTLY. I mean, a slight graze at most! Not even a scratch, just a touch with light pressure for a few seconds. Yet the areas that I've touched (my chin, my temple area on the left side) seem to be breaking out. Coincidence?

I know it's not my cell phone that's doing it - I talk with the right side of my face. I also wash my pillow every week. So should I just never touch my face unless I'm washing it or applying bp and lotion? Or is this just a coincidence?

P.S. What do you guys do if your face itches a little? Do you touch your face?

You can transfer bacteria on your hands and frequent touching can be irritating.

So yea, try not to touch your face at all except for when you are applying your CSR products.

Hang in there, if you are only on the 5 week mark you still may have another month or so before you begin to see sustainable results.

If you want to, list your products and exactly HOW you are using them and we can go over your routine.

You can transfer bacteria on your hands and frequent touching can be irritating.

So yea, try not to touch your face at all except for when you are applying your CSR products.

Hang in there, if you are only on the 5 week mark you still may have another month or so before you begin to see sustainable results.

If you want to, list your products and exactly HOW you are using them and we can go over your routine.

Sure thing, thanks for the reply Brandy, you are an asset to this forum.

Here's what I do:

Morning

-Wake up, use a beard trimmer to keep my little stubble :)

-Take a shower, wash face with liquid soap

-Wait about 10-15 minutes until my skin dries (brush teeth during process).

-Generously apply Dan's BP all over my face, touching only as lightly as needed. I tend to use my whole hand.

-Wait 15 minutes (bp takes forever to dry for me)

-Apply cetaphil's moisturizer with spf.

Night

-Wash face with cetaphil cleanser. I'm careful not to press down much.

-Wait until skin dries (5 minutes as I'm brushing my teeth)

-Apply BP generously.

-I don't moisturize very often at night - I usually go right to bed right after the BP dries.

-Go to bed, toss and turn for about half an hour.

My acne case usually alternates from mild to moderate. I wouldn't mind getting small zits every now and then if the RED MARKS WOULD JUST GO AWAY within a week (unfortunately they stay for so many months). I'm still sticking with the regimen though, I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Your routine looks good, just hang in there and be diligent with it.

By generous amount of BP, I am assuming you are using the full fat finger length that Dan shows in his pics? If so, that's good, just keep on.

One other thought, if your skin is very oily or you wear makeup, the Cetaphil cleanser might not be cleaning your skin well. If you feel this might be a factor, consider using one of the other recommended cleansers, such as Purpose bar or Wash or the CSR Cleanser.

p.s. and thanks for the kind words! :wub:

hi. im not a professional and i dont know much but i can think of two possibilities

1. you felt the minor skin irritation as a pimple was already forming and touched it consciously/unconsciously?

2. your current method of skincare is leaving your skin open to infection so just a touch is enough to infect it?

for me.. when i have some kind of irritation i usually apply a layer of neosporin ointment

it doesnt immediately help but the irritation goes away and the ointment itself reminds me not to touch it

it also softens the skin there to allow w/e is coming up to come out sooner i think

and if i do touch it i dont think any bacteria would be transferring since it has an antibiotic covering it

i don't go out much so this method works for me i guess.. though some people say petroleum products are bad