Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Accutane is a miracle.. now what?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Post Accutane Maintaince???

• Retinoid topical (retin-a, taz, differin)
    • Birth Control
    • Healthy Lifestyle (diet, exercise)
    • Topical retinol (green cream) or AHA BHA products
    • Wash face and nothing more

Hey Taners! I was just curious to see what everyone was planning to do after accutane to stay clear... please take the poll & for those who are already on a post plan, please mark what your doing and how its going for ya!

Thanks in advance!

I am on taz, I had a few pimples (very very small) pop up after using it for 2 weeks but they are all gone and I am just peachy!

wash face i think and if it came back then i would go back on another course of tane then maybe after use a topical but i want to give myself the chance to lead a normal life again.

ill also stick with my oley complete with savlon cream (antiseptic cream) so skin is hydrated but also has a control on bacteria.

Never taken tane, but were I a post-tane lady I'd do the BC thang and perhaps Differin for maintainance. But I'd probably be on BC regardless...

I have this dilemma myself. I don't wanna take BC because, whilst it worked fine whilst I was taking it, when I came off it my face really exploded. My doc said - 'yeah - we are starting to think that Diane can make acne worse when you stop taking it'. Hmm. Thanks. You might have mentioned that before. So anyway, thinking about going the Retin A route. I am at an age where the anti-aging properties may also be useful. I have been thinking about Green cream, but when I went on their site, one of the moderators said that he wouldn't recommend it for people with cystic acne. Made me wonder why and definately put me off. I know LionQueen loves it but I just don't wanna risk getting acne again by trying a cosmetic cream. I'll be sticking to my aloe vera gel and jojoba oil. I'll also try to maintain a healthy diet. However, I don't have much hope that that will work on its own, especially when you see what some of the people on the diet/holistic forum put themselves through.

Yeah thats the reason im back on accutane for the 2nd time because i stopped my BC and my face exploded. I had a lot of thoughts on whether to take it for accutane or not and decided to go for it and keep with it long term... i am not sexually active right now but i know when i get a long term bf i will want to be on a BC so what would be the point of stopping right? Anyways, i think im also going to do the retinoid thing.. hmmm differin or retin-a micro is the question now lol... ugh too many choices.. i just want something that will work but make me feel as normal as possible reguarding a red irritated face and all... :wacko:

I have this dilemma myself. I don't wanna take BC because, whilst it worked fine whilst I was taking it, when I came off it my face really exploded. My doc said - 'yeah - we are starting to think that Diane can make acne worse when you stop taking it'. Hmm. Thanks. You might have mentioned that before. So anyway, thinking about going the Retin A route. I am at an age where the anti-aging properties may also be useful. I have been thinking about Green cream, but when I went on their site, one of the moderators said that he wouldn't recommend it for people with cystic acne. Made me wonder why and definately put me off. I know LionQueen loves it but I just don't wanna risk getting acne again by trying a cosmetic cream. I'll be sticking to my aloe vera gel and jojoba oil. I'll also try to maintain a healthy diet. However, I don't have much hope that that will work on its own, especially when you see what some of the people on the diet/holistic forum put themselves through.

I took GC for a couple months, started out working and then nothing. When I went off I had a pretty big breakout.

Yeah thats the reason im back on accutane for the 2nd time because i stopped my BC and my face exploded. I had a lot of thoughts on whether to take it for accutane or not and decided to go for it and keep with it long term... i am not sexually active right now but i know when i get a long term bf i will want to be on a BC so what would be the point of stopping right? Anyways, i think im also going to do the retinoid thing.. hmmm differin or retin-a micro is the question now lol... ugh too many choices.. i just want something that will work but make me feel as normal as possible reguarding a red irritated face and all... :wacko:

choose retin-a! ive seen lots of reviews on other sites too and Differin doesnt work in a lot of cases. Retin-a will actually help scars fade because it contains tretinoin.. it also makes your skin exfoliate itself really rapidly so there are no clogged pores and your skin is always smooth