Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today was the first time I've ever been to a derm, but of course I've been to my family doctor about my acne countless times and tried topical and oral anti-botics. ie. steivamycin, tetracycline....you get the point~

It just seemed as though whenever I had the appointment my skin would clear up..oh cruel fate, must you mock me :lol: Anyways, I'm kinda glad he got to see my skin how it usually is, even though I look so bad. So I'm nervous as heck and he asks me what can he do and I said, I just want something that'll help me and he hands me a info booklet about accutane and said that right there will help you. I started to tear up while I was there (even after I left and walked home) because I was happy that finally I'll have something that's gonna clear me up (Don't make fun of me :pray: ), I've had it for soooo long and maybe I did tear up because I didn't realize how bad it was. Is anyone else like that, or am I the only one in denial? It's probably because I only look at my face in the mirror we have in the hallway..it makes my face look GREAT..I wish other ppl would see me like that. :( I'm kinda surprised I got it so easily. I remember reading a post labgirl wrote about her quest to obtain accutane. I haven't told my family yet, so everyone on the org knows first :dance: I hope you all feel special :lol:

p.s thanks for listening ;)

Today was the first time I've ever been to a derm, but of course I've been to my family doctor about my acne countless times and tried topical and oral anti-botics. ie. steivamycin, tetracycline....you get the point~

It just seemed as though whenever I had the appointment my skin would clear up..oh cruel fate, must you mock me :lol: Anyways, I'm kinda glad he got to see my skin how it usually is, even though I look so bad. So I'm nervous as heck and he asks me what can he do and I said, I just want something that'll help me and he hands me a info booklet about accutane and said that right there will help you. I started to tear up while I was there (even after I left and walked home) because I was happy that finally I'll have something that's gonna clear me up (Don't make fun of me :pray: ), I've had it for soooo long and maybe I did tear up because I didn't realize how bad it was. Is anyone else like that, or am I the only one in denial? It's probably because I only look at my face in the mirror we have in the hallway..it makes my face look GREAT..I wish other ppl would see me like that. :( I'm kinda surprised I got it so easily. I remember reading a post labgirl wrote about her quest to obtain accutane. I haven't told my family yet, so everyone on the org knows first :dance: I hope you all feel special :lol:

I always clear up before my derm meeting, it's so weird. I want accutante too but im currently on my third antibiotic treatment and second topical one. This better help...

Guest TylerD

Congrats Jenny, accutane will clear you up no doubt about it. I wasnt super happy when I got accutane because I had to fight for it for like a month lol, and so when the doc finally gave it to me it was more like a (about fuckin time) then ooooh thank you. But none the less it is a good feeling knowing you got accutane and your about clear up real soon. All the best :).

BTW your very pretty :wub:

Congrats Jenny, accutane will clear you up no doubt about it. I wasnt super happy when I got accutane because I had to fight for it for like a month lol, and so when the doc finally gave it to me it was more like a (about fuckin time) then ooooh thank you. But none the less it is a good feeling knowing you got accutane and your about clear up real soon. All the best :).

BTW your very pretty :wub:

Thanks. Just thinking how I'll be clear next summer is such a good feeling. :dance:

I always clear up before my derm meeting, it's so weird. I want accutante too but im currently on my third antibiotic treatment and second topical one. This better help...

best of luck..hang in there :comfort:

hi five! :dance: im on accutane too! but seriously your acne may get really bad before it gets better. mines is still int he process of getting really bad after about a month and a half. fuck. w.e. your portugeuse and from toronto too so your cool no matter what you look like :cool:.

hi five! :dance: im on accutane too! but seriously your acne may get really bad before it gets better. mines is still int he process of getting really bad after about a month and a half. fuck. w.e. your portugeuse and from toronto too so your cool no matter what you look like :cool:.

OBRIGADO :dance:

OBRIGADO :dance:

Parabéns!

I'm a little bit Portuguese too......my Mom's from Brazil....and is mostly Portuguese (and who knows what else).....

........I totally know the feeling you're talking about. I was soooo happy when I got that big I-pledge binder a few weeks ago.........I start Accutane on September 5th.............

My derm got to see my acne at it's worst a few times. I was getting 10 or so cortisone injections a week before he decided my current regimen wasn't working........he reffered me to another PA who works in the same office to prescribe me Accutane........

I can't wait to start............Bring on the dry lips and achey joints........hopefully it'll be worth it....

My little sister took it seven years ago and never had a relapse........she just washes with some Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleanser and uses some Estee Lauder Moisturizer and has perfect skin.........I hope it does the same for me......

Boa sorte!