Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
massakur

how long do you guys wash your face for?

i read on numerous websites you should wash your face for 30 seconds to a minute, but dan says wash for 10 seconds or less. for those that have washed for 30-60 seconds and for 10 seconds or less, did you see any difference? does it really matter how long you wash your face for? i would think 10 seconds wouldnt be enough, but im not really sure. what do you guys personally think and how long do you guys wash your face for? i use purpose cleansing bar fyi.

i read on numerous websites you should wash your face for 30 seconds to a minute, but dan says wash for 10 seconds or less. for those that have washed for 30-60 seconds and for 10 seconds or less, did you see any difference? does it really matter how long you wash your face for? i would think 10 seconds wouldnt be enough, but im not really sure. what do you guys personally think and how long do you guys wash your face for? i use purpose cleansing bar fyi.

Yes it really matters - to much washing can dry you face which can cause more acne so just wash until most of dirt is gone and then stop - it only takes 10 seconds for me and i'm pretty sure that more washing wont do any good - it will just make my face more dry.

I'm a deviant on this part! lol.

I do wash more than 10 secs. in the evening to be sure I get all my makeup off. I usually lather up, wash for a few secs. rinse, then wash again to be sure it is all off. So that's two quick washes rather than one.

In the morning though, I'm pretty quick about it since there isn't any makeup to worry about getting off.

Oops I probably wash for about 10 20 seconds with regular soap but not with proactiv cleanser there I wash for 1 minute with the soap, however correct me if i'm wrong, 10 seconds is with soap i can't possibly wash and rinse in 10 seconds, so I guess the amount of time with water doesn't matter as it's the case when taking a shower. Water can do no harm nor can it dry you in fact it is moisturizing you.

Thats how I see it.

Oops I probably wash for about 10 20 seconds with regular soap but not with proactiv cleanser there I wash for 1 minute with the soap, however correct me if i'm wrong, 10 seconds is with soap i can't possibly wash and rinse in 10 seconds, so I guess the amount of time with water doesn't matter as it's the case when taking a shower. Water can do no harm nor can it dry you in fact it is moisturizing you.

Thats how I see it.

Do you think its a good idea using regular soap on your face ?

I wash for 10 seconds, but it's the rinsing that can take a while. Although gentle, the CSR cleanser can require quite a bit of water until it feels like I've rinsed completely (even when I use a a single pump).

Yeah, this is something I had a problem with at first as well. I think the 10 second wash is just to get most of the surface dirt and oil off. Its the BP that will actually do the cleansing and killing of p.acne bacteria, thats why so much is required. So, now I just stick to the video to a tee.

i have 40 minute showers and wash my face 6 times

i also have OCD.

but it doesn't hurt me any, if anything it seems to work really well for me!

Spectro jel ROCKS!

i also have OCD.

Spectro jel ROCKS!

6 times!? LOL

You wouldnt happen to mud-wrestle much would you? j/k

i also have OCD.

Spectro jel ROCKS!

6 times!? LOL

You wouldnt happen to mud-wrestle much would you? j/k

LOL nope. i just have OCD. i'm okay with admitting it as i'm recovering.

My photos all have no makeup by the way and no photoshop so its not hurting me any!