Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
retaliate

Salicylic Acid + Glycolic acid

Guest TylerD

That might be pretty irritating to the skin. I dont know much about Glycolic acid, but all I know is when using S.A its probably not a good idea to use anything els with it as it is pretty damn strong.

Guest papillon

Yeah, you can use them together. I don't think it'll be too irritating.

You can wash your face with 2% salicylic acid wash and use an 8% glycolic acid toner on your face. Perfect for getting rid of blackheads and shrinking zits.

Guest TylerD

You know your best bet is to just keep going and see what happens. It could be really great or it could be not so great. That is the chance you have to take. Keep us posted for sure though. Goodluck.

Guest papillon
Im using a glycolic acid with a salylic acid gel, should I stop :cry:

I don't think you have to stop. Glycolic and salicylic acids aren't harmful to your face if used gently. I think they are fantastic when used together. I, especially, love glycolic acid toners. I use 8% Glycolic Acid Toner from Neostrata Canada. I love it.

i did it and it was the worst thing ever made me break out more and i have tough skin but too much acid thins it out as my spa lady told me which was true cause i stopped and now i dont break out as much :)

i did it and it was the worst thing ever made me break out more and i have tough skin but too much acid thins it out as my spa lady told me which was true cause i stopped and now i dont break out as much :)

Huh? I dont get it, it made you break out more? Then when you stopped it your acne was better then your pre-acids usage? :doh: More details please :lol: