Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex 01

Drinking Green Tea

If it don't help your acne it will definately improve overall health.

The big thing surrounding teas, especially white tea, green tea, etc., is the high level of antioxidants per serving. Anti-oxidants are responsible for elimintating free radicals from the body, flushing heavy metals out, supporting liver and kidney function, and a host of other things.

If your trying tea to improve your acne I'd just like to say don't add any sugar if you can manage it and try to drink white tea as it has higher anti-oxidants than green does and it tastes better.

There is one thing that geen tea has that white doesn't but I can't recall what that is at the moment.

Does drinking green tea, make acne better in any way...ive heard opposing views.

It will remove toxins from the body (like THC) but will do little by itself in fighting acne. Case closed.

:ninja:

Does drinking green tea, make acne better in any way...ive heard opposing views.

It will remove toxins from the body (like THC) but will do little by itself in fighting acne. Case closed.

Like THC huh? That's interesting... Could you elaborate about the THC or post a link or study or something? I wanna know more...

Like THC huh? That's interesting... Could you elaborate about the THC or post a link or study or something? I wanna know more...

Having THC in the body means you were doing something bad. Case closed.

P.S. I never failed a "test", if you know what I mean.

Having THC in the body means you were doing something bad. Case closed.

P.S. I never failed a "test", if you know what I mean.

Ooooooooh, I thought you meant THC gets rid of other toxins, because there's been research that it has anti-inflammatory benefits and that's one of the reasons it can be effective in killing pain for cancer patients, or atleast reducing their dependence on prescription opiates.

P.S. I never failed a "test" either, even when I smoked 7 days prior. Drinking lots of fluids throughout the day is beneficial in more way then one :)

P.P.S. I think there's much worse things in "pungent herb smoke" then the THC to worry about.

Green Tea works amazingly for me. I have it with sushi all the time.

Please don't make the stupid Western mistake of using boiling water!

In China you're supposed to let the water cool just a little before you put the tea in, otherwise the water will scold the tea leaves and give it a bitter taste. You'll enjoy it much better with very hot water, just hot enough that you can put your finger in for a second or two.

*Leon* =D

Green Tea works amazingly for me. I have it with sushi all the time.

Please don't make the stupid Western mistake of using boiling water!

In China you're supposed to let the water cool just a little before you put the tea in, otherwise the water will scold the tea leaves and give it a bitter taste. You'll enjoy it much better with very hot water, just hot enough that you can put your finger in for a second or two.

*Leon* =D

Oh thanks, hehe. I've noticed that it tasted better in the microwave than when I used boiled water.

Like other people have said, there are a lot of health benefits to drinking green tea. I've found that the caffeine aggravates my acne so I'm switching to decaf. It took me a while to get used to drinking green tea (I used to drink at least 4 cups of coffee a day!!!) but now I LOVE the stuff!

can I ask a silly question......what is white tea? Am i right in thinking it is normal tea with milk?

White tea is your "typical tea", which contains zero health benefits when saturated with milk and sugar (which most people do). In doing so, it comes detrimental to one's health.

I've heard that green tea is very good for you, and I've started drinking it a few days ago (now I am off it). Since it contained caffeine, I wasn't able to get more than 4 hours of sleep during those 3 nights (by the way, I drank the tea during the afternoon...just 1 mugful).

Lately, I've started to drink Nettle Tea, which does not contain caffeine, and is considered to be a "tonic" or overall health booster.

I'm not that sure about tea anymore because I've been drinking it almost exclusively (no other drinks) for the past few weeks and I look pretty bad. I guess it's the caffeine.

can I ask a silly question......what is white tea? Am i right in thinking it is normal tea with milk?

White tea is your "typical tea", which contains zero health benefits when saturated with milk and sugar (which most people do). In doing so, it comes detrimental to one's health.

DTA, what are you talking about? That's black tea. White tea is the healthiest of teas, with more antioxidants and less caffiene then green tea. It is also the most delicate tasting and least processed. It is very good for health, go research it.

i know a girl who drinks gallons of green tea a day and she has some of the worst acne i've seen. her "skin" looks good though. no visible pores or scarring. just a lot of active pimples.

i know a girl who drinks gallons of green tea a day and she has some of the worst acne i've seen. her "skin" looks good though. no visible pores or scarring. just a lot of active pimples.

Different things work for different people i guess. And this girl may be drinking green tea and then eating chocolate and doughnuts who knows?

THC's toxic value is so miniscule i wouldnt even call it a toxin. Hence why cannabis OD resulting in death stands to this day at 0 and allways will. Still green tea will remove THC faster as u so rightly said and also promote more alpha waves in the brain resulting in better immune function and a sense of well being. White tea is infact the most heathly tea of them all. Normal tea is called black tea even if u put milk in it, trust me im english haha.there are 3 types of tea. black, green and white. recent studys show white tea to have more benefits then green. :D

THC's toxic value is so miniscule i wouldnt even call it a toxin. Hence why cannabis OD resulting in death stands to this day at 0 and allways will. Still green tea will remove THC faster as u so rightly said and also promote more alpha waves in the brain resulting in better immune function and a sense of well being. White tea is infact the most heathly tea of them all. Normal tea is called black tea even if u put milk in it, trust me im english haha.there are 3 types of tea. black, green and white. recent studys show white tea to have more benefits then green. :D

Is that tea of the pg tips, tetley variety? I've started drinking a bit of green tea but if i can get away with drinking normal cheap tea i will. Green tea doesn't actually taste as bad as I expected i'll give it that.

Is that tea of the pg tips, tetley variety? I've started drinking a bit of green tea but if i can get away with drinking normal cheap tea i will. Green tea doesn't actually taste as bad as I expected i'll give it that.

Unfortunalty no its not the tea u get in PG tips and so on. Thats called black tea. White tea is the most expensive of the 3 but offers the most health benefits. heres a link, hope this helps

http://www.white-tea.com/ :D

Amen to this.

Although, technically speaking, there are a few other types of tea like oolong, sencha, powdered, etc... but you nailed it otherwise.

Some companies sell green tea that is sweetened with Splenda and contains numerous chemicals that could worsen acne. If you are going to buy Green Tea, purchase the high quality matcha from a reputable brand.