Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have some red marks that are about a year and a half old. The thing is, they are in clusters, so I have a big blotch on each cheek. I've had 10 vstars which have helped a ton, and some days my red marks look better than others.......it depends on how dry my skin is. The more dry it is, the worse it looks.

I know I have some acne scars, but is it possible that the red marks are just scars??

Guest papillon
I have some red marks that are about a year and a half old. The thing is, they are in clusters, so I have a big blotch on each cheek. I've had 10 vstars which have helped a ton, and some days my red marks look better than others.......it depends on how dry my skin is. The more dry it is, the worse it looks.

I know I have some acne scars, but is it possible that the red marks are just scars??

Nah, I don't think red marks are scars. Mine will fade over time. So will yours. They are already fading now, so I'm not worried, but I do REALLY hate them. Just don't do anything harsh on your skin. When I'm gentle with my skin my red marks fade faster than when I use harsh products.

My red marks look better when my skin's dry. When my skin's oily - YUCK - disgusting.

G'luck to me and you!

Guest nec77

i've had mine over 4 years. i still got them but they are lighter now that i've add glycolic acid and a vitamin c serum.

Guest papillon
i've had mine over 4 years. i still got them but they are lighter now that i've add glycolic acid and a vitamin c serum.

heh, so they do fade... :clap:

When I just wash with a cleanser and water, my skin looks so amazing, but I break out without my acne meds. With all the topicals, my red marks stand out a lot more b/c my skin is so dry. I just can't win.

At least I don't have the slightest hint of a wrinkle, and I'm 26....oily skin is good for something! All my friends with flawless skin already have crows feet and lines around their mouth.....ha ha ;)

Red marks will eventually fade away (completely?). But, we are all wanting them to fade at a faster rate, like overnight.

I have read that Vitamin C serum is good for evening out the skin tone, and the ACV method by SmashingPumpkins received good comments.

Guest nec77

not red but dark pink, theyre still noticeable. my marks look better when i wake up.

i have red marks too ..and im pretty sure they fade (although mine havent yet)

Just think of old people...they dont have any red marks!

Yeah mine are a dark pink. But then a pimple or two pop up next to it. So the marks with the pimples, make my skin seem worser then what it really is. (meaning: people prolly see my face, and think that the dark pink marks are zits, but they---ARENT!)

The red marks are not scars and will heal over time. Try Apple Cidar Vinegar to fade them fast.

I have kinda dark marks on my chin and they have been there for a while, think they'll go away?

If they are where you had pimples and were left behind once the bumps disappeared, then yes, they will go away. It will take a while, though. Patience...

Guest nec77

I have kinda dark marks on my chin and they have been there for a while, think they'll go away?

If they are where you had pimples and were left behind once the bumps disappeared, then yes, they will go away. It will take a while, though. Patience...

i dont like that word cause mine are over 4 years old. i never had bad acne either.

Red marks do fade with time but to speed up the process you should use topicals that peel,heal and exfoliators just use your judgement and don't try burning your face off ..they go away much much faster then letting time take care of it.

The products i've used were combination of SA peels 20%,Glycolic acid up to 10%, super cop and Emu oil, but the percentages have to be gradually upped. I wouldnt go higher with glycolic acid but with SA i would.

Guest nec77

let me add, i just started using products for my redmarks a few months ago. i've been using m.d. forte facial cleanser (i worked my way from #1-#3 - they contain glycolic compound, which is glycolic acid and other stuff) and a vitamin c serum. over 3 months my marks became lighter. i still got a long way to go though. so i agree with the other poster, do something about them and not just wait.

if you have scars...it's hard to imagine that one day it would be crystal clear and smooth. I think best case scenario for me is all the redness would go away and i'd probably have 2 or 3 small pits that you can't see unless your'e right in front of my face.

Guest nec77

some people have very noticeable scars and no red marks... i find it hard to believe that some of us with smooth skin but just redness would end up getting screwed with red marks forever.