Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flowerburn

Birth control caused permanent acne?

Some BC pills will do that to you! I broke out on Mircette and Estrostep. Seasonale was THE WORST! It gave me cystic acne, and I got off it as soon as I realized that was the reason for my break outs. I'm back on Yasmin now, and w hile it helps, I still break out. Just keep trying a bunch until you find out which one is right for you!

Some BC pills will do that to you! I broke out on Mircette and Estrostep. Seasonale was THE WORST! It gave me cystic acne, and I got off it as soon as I realized that was the reason for my break outs. I'm back on Yasmin now, and w hile it helps, I still break out. Just keep trying a bunch until you find out which one is right for you!

I switched 5 times.. I had enough...

I've been on Yasmin for a few months. One month ago I had such ridiculous cystic acne that my derm was going to give me accutane. Suddenly, it's almost all gone.

I don't know if it'll come back, or if the Yasmin is finally kicking in, but even *I* wouldn't give me accutane right now. I've only got one active cyst on my jawline, near my ear.

Plus, my stupid chick 'stache is a lot thinner.

I believe that Yasmin really does lower the testosterone.

I've been on Yasmin for a few months. One month ago I had such ridiculous cystic acne that my derm was going to give me accutane. Suddenly, it's almost all gone.

I don't know if it'll come back, or if the Yasmin is finally kicking in, but even *I* wouldn't give me accutane right now. I've only got one active cyst on my jawline, near my ear.

Hey ladies... I am on Alesse, been on it for about 4 months now... havent really noticed a difference, it's suuposed to be a good one for acne. I was on Ortho Tricyclen before. I went on it when I was 15. I never had bad skin before I went on it, but I did get breakouts. This pill stopped them in their tracks for 4 years... then at 19 I started breaking out... weird. So now I am on Alesse... but it's such LOW estrogen that if I miss my pill by like 10 minutes I get my period for sure. YUCK... is higher or lower estrogen better for acne?

My derm was going to give me accutane... keep in mind I had maybe three blemishes a month before birth control. I backed out.. I was hoping it'd clear up on it's own.

Still hoping.

Hey ladies... I am on Alesse, been on it for about 4 months now... havent really noticed a difference, it's suuposed to be a good one for acne. I was on Ortho Tricyclen before. I went on it when I was 15. I never had bad skin before I went on it, but I did get breakouts. This pill stopped them in their tracks for 4 years... then at 19 I started breaking out... weird. So now I am on Alesse... but it's such LOW estrogen that if I miss my pill by like 10 minutes I get my period for sure. YUCK... is higher or lower estrogen better for acne?

Not many pills have been proven to treat acne... plus it's hard to say since each person reacts diffrently to the hormones. Lower levels of estrogen decrease the side effects and risks (ie heart attacks, blood clots). For some reason I had a worse reaction to the low hormone pills than the higher hormone ones.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the estrogen that affects acne, I think it's the progesterone. The form of progesterone in Yasmin is highly anti-androgenic and combats testosterone, that's why I'm losing my chick 'stache.

This is all off the top of my head and I could be wrong. I suggest Googling "Yasmin progesterone anti-androgenic" and see what you find!

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the estrogen that affects acne, I think it's the progesterone. The form of progesterone in Yasmin is highly anti-androgenic and combats testosterone, that's why I'm losing my chick 'stache.

This is all off the top of my head and I could be wrong. I suggest Googling "Yasmin progesterone anti-androgenic" and see what you find!

Both actaully... being over exposed to estrogen can cause acne as well... hence why pregnant women can suddenly break out.