Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pff..

Saucer shaped scars left after tca-cross

Well.. I thought I was getting ok results from the cross..but seems not. Today i took time to really look at my scars (in worse light too..very depressing. I get so repulsed by myself in harsh light. T_T). I have noticed that compairing with the before and just after pics of my tca cross that the areas they were done on have round saucer shaped scars (its exactly 2 months since my cross teatment). A couple are turning quite white too. The proceedure was carried out by Dr.Chu, so I dont think I could have had a more experienced pair of hands apply it.

Not sure if these scars will fill in, or thats the final stage, but I suspect that they wont get much better.

I dont know if anyone can offer any wise words, but if you do have advice, id be grateful.

As for those of you considering tca cross remember to be cautious, as it seems it may indeed be a hit and miss treatment.

Well.. I thought I was getting ok results from the cross..but seems not. Today i took time to really look at my scars (in worse light too..very depressing. I get so repulsed by myself in harsh light. T_T). I have noticed that compairing with the before and just after pics of my tca cross that the areas they were done on have round saucer shaped scars (its exactly 2 months since my cross teatment). A couple are turning quite white too. The proceedure was carried out by Dr.Chu, so I dont think I could have had a more experienced pair of hands apply it.

Not sure if these scars will fill in, or thats the final stage, but I suspect that they wont get much better.

I dont know if anyone can offer any wise words, but if you do have advice, id be grateful.

As for those of you considering tca cross remember to be cautious, as it seems it may indeed be a hit and miss treatment.

I wouldn't give up yet. Give it another 2-3 months. Does your skin heal quickly or slowly in general?

Pfff, don't give up yet! A funny think happened to me yesterday. I crossed the forehead area 43 days ago. I don't have scars there, just a few (around 10) enlarged, scarred pores. I have to say that in the weeks after the cross they did look a little bigger than originally. Well, after about 5 weeks, 2 of them are almost level with the skin. Another one that seemed to look the biggest and most enlarged is starting to fill in. This last one is really amazing because I SWEAR 2 days ago it looked the same slightly enlarged after cross hole. Yeterday while I was washing my face I syddenly see it's almost full. At first I thought something (soap or whatever) just filled it. I started rubbing it to get it out but nothing did, lol.

Don't give up. Many times they just start filling all of a sudden.

Also, as I've already said, I'm a big bleaver in CP's. I really think they are helping a lot.

Ty guys, I'll keep my fingers cross, and post an update here in a couple of months time.

I dont think im a particularly fast or slow healer fromchicago, average i guess. Like you say, maybe just needs more time.

That sounds really bizarre Hope, glad you are seeing positive reasults. I have to say, thanks so much for putting me onto cp. Its too soon to judge what its doing to my skin, but ive been using it faithfully. I know it must be doing something because ive used it on my eyes, and my eyelids went through a dramatic change. Intially began to look a bit saggy (read this is normal as the skin is remodelling) and now I have back a more defined eye socket. Aparently this will just keep getting better. I am really impressed. Definately sharing your belief in this product.

Pfff, even if the peptides didn't help the scarring (which I believe it does), the improvement in my skin in general is enormous! I started seeing change after 10-14 days of using it. Skin is clearer, tighter, feels stronger somehow. It really is a miracke and it clearly does something good to skin.

Pfff, are you using it on your whole face/neck too?

yes. lol.

eyes (using cp night eyes cream), whole of face and neck diluted with emu oil. I rub any excess onto the back of my hands too. ^^

I also read some ppl mixing it for other uses such as hair/scalp strengthener. I think there is probably endless uses for it.

THe reg cp isnt breaking me out, so ill keep using that till i can build up and tolerate super cp.

I long while ago when feeling flush i spend some crazy money on a copper peptide face cream that was dubbed as a miracle cream in magazines. Im now using that on my decolletage(spelling?)lol. I dont think its anywhere near as good as the pure serum, and the serum is MUCH less expensive.

Your a STAR for pointing me in that direction! (<--accidental pun)

I'm glad it helps you :D

After reading on this board how many people used it and liked it, I decided to go for it. Lucky I didn't see some of the bad reviews before that, lol. Like any kind of topical/treatment, some people react badly, others don't feel any difference and others see miracles. I'm glad to be one of the latters - So far, lol.

I don't see how it could really harm unless used wrongly i.e too much and too frequently or being allergic.

When I started using it I had a very minor breakout the first week that went away really fast and since then nothing (3 1/2 months).

i started using cp around 4-5 weeks post tca cross, so there were no scabs or open wounds, my face was totally healed. So def not the reason.

Im not sure what percentage Dr.Chu used, but im guessing quite high. He is the top derm here in the UK, so I cant fault his technique.

I will give it time to guage what happens.