Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J_C

newbie here ... help please

Hey everyone

this is my first post

sorry if there is something i should look at before i post

but i don't really understand the medical terms used and English is not my first language

anyway

I'll explain my situation and please give me suggestions

i started to have acnes since i was 15 now I'm 19

it's getting worse by the time

my mom was having acnes till she was 36 or something

i have the same kind of skin (oily skin) i don't know what you call it

but my nose produces oil and so all my face

my face is kinda red

it gets more red when i make effort play sports,,,,etc

i can say that my acne is not severe but it makes me avoid meeting people

i used clean and clear for so long but nothing happened

i used Retin-A Creme it's finished now... and also nothing happened... however it was recommended by a friend who had worse acne than me and it worked for him but he used the Gel... weird

so please give me suggestions ... what product should i use and does it has anything to do with food ?

I'm male by the way

thanks in advance

Hey everyone

this is my first post

sorry if there is something i should look at before i post

but i don't really understand the medical terms used and English is not my first language

anyway

I'll explain my situation and please give me suggestions

i started to have acnes since i was 15 now I'm 19

it's getting worse by the time

my mom was having acnes till she was 36 or something

i have the same kind of skin (oily skin) i don't know what you call it

but my nose produces oil and so all my face

my face is kinda red

it gets more red when i make effort play sports,,,,etc

i can say that my acne is not severe but it makes me avoid meeting people

i used clean and clear for so long but nothing happened

i used Retin-A Creme it's finished now... and also nothing happened... however it was recommended by a friend who had worse acne than me and it worked for him but he used the Gel... weird

so please give me suggestions ... what product should i use and does it has anything to do with food ?

I'm male by the way

thanks in advance

Welcome!

Try Neutrogena face washes. They seem to work well with mild acne. You can buy really nice toners at drug stores that will help get ride of the oil on your T-Zone, which is where it sounds like you have acne. Retin-A didnt work for me either when i had bad acne. I use Tazorac now and it works very well. Oral pills can help regulate your skin and keep the acne to a minimum. Im on birth control which helps me, but it obviously wont help you! =). I dont believe food has anything to do with acne. It is a very mixed answer question though, no one knows for sure. Drinking a lot of water can help though for sure! It will keep your skin hydrated and healthy. Aveeno moisturizers can really help with the redness problem. They make lotions just for helping reduce redness. Talk to your dermatologist and they can prescribe a new medication for you other than Retin-A. I reccommend Differin Gel/Cream!!!

Welcome!

Try Neutrogena face washes. They seem to work well with mild acne. You can buy really nice toners at drug stores that will help get ride of the oil on your T-Zone, which is where it sounds like you have acne. Retin-A didnt work for me either when i had bad acne. I use Tazorac now and it works very well. Oral pills can help regulate your skin and keep the acne to a minimum. Im on birth control which helps me, but it obviously wont help you! =). I dont believe food has anything to do with acne. It is a very mixed answer question though, no one knows for sure. Drinking a lot of water can help though for sure! It will keep your skin hydrated and healthy. Aveeno moisturizers can really help with the redness problem. They make lotions just for helping reduce redness. Talk to your dermatologist and they can prescribe a new medication for you other than Retin-A. I reccommend Differin Gel/Cream!!!

Thanks for the reply

my acnes are not mild ... but also not severe

now please could you guide me to the specific names of the products you mentioned and what each is used for and can i use them together or not !!!

it will help alot if you can provide links to the products if it's not against the forums rules

I don't have a dermatologist is it necessary to go to one ?

EDIT:

i googled and i found this

The most common side effects of TAZORAC® Cream 0.1% are peeling, dry skin, red skin, and burning.

The most common side effects of TAZORAC® Gel 0.1% are peeling, burning/stinging, dry skin, red skin, and itching.

how can it be a cure for the redness !?

Welcome!

Thanks for the reply

my acnes are not mild ... but also not severe

now please could you guide me to the specific names of the products you mentioned and what each is used for and can i use them together or not !!!

it will help alot if you can provide links to the products if it's not against the forums rules

I don't have a dermatologist is it necessary to go to one ?

EDIT:

i googled and i found this

The most common side effects of TAZORAC? Cream 0.1% are peeling, dry skin, red skin, and burning.

The most common side effects of TAZORAC? Gel 0.1% are peeling, burning/stinging, dry skin, red skin, and itching.

how can it be a cure for the redness !?

On the Tazorac comment, ALL acne medications are going to say that. Those are side effetcs of all prescription meds. It never made me peel, red, burn, or sting. Its just a possibility.

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_...ProductLineID=1 look here for a toner. This one is good.

http://www.aveeno.com/productListAction.do?pid=11000 look here for moisturizers. They help reduce redness. Specifically the ULTRA-CALMING DAILY MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 15.

ASK YOUR DERMATOLOGIST ABOUT:

http://www.dermik.com/products/klaron/Index.jsp

and

http://www.evoclin.com/acne/

I've used them both and LOVE them.

unfortunately i'm allergic to sulfonamides :(

is there any substitute .. ?

and i noticed that all these products are for acne treatment .. isn't it wrong to use more than one product at a time ?

unfortunately i'm allergic to sulfonamides :(

is there any substitute .. ?

and i noticed that all these products are for acne treatment .. isn't it wrong to use more than one product at a time ?

Oh thats no good =/. Evoclin had sulfonamides in it? Hm. Well, right now i use Evoclin in the mornings, Tazorac at Night, and sometimes ill put Klaron on the spots that are really stubborn (alone, not over another medication). It is ok to use more than one, just dont layer them. Use one at night, one in the morning. The lotions i suggested arent for acne so its ok to put those on your face over the Evoclin. The toner should be used alone, maybe every other day instead of the Evoclin. Really, you should go to your Derm, get some samples of what he or she suggests, and then work out your own personal regimen with the different products. Youll try different things at different times in different orders until you find something that works well with your skin. The drug stores carry so many different, inexpensive options as well. Go to the skin care aisle and look at each company's section. Read the labels on the diffeent toners and moisturizers and find something that sounds right for your problem.

The retin a cream, oddly enough, has an ingredient that can block your pores. The retin a gel is ok though. So, if you were using the cream rather than the gel, this may be why you didn't clear up on it. You might give the gel a try, or maybe one of the other retinoid products.

I'm using Retin-A Micro (a gel, a suspension of the drug in plastic microspheres). It's a very good delivery system for the drug... not too drying like regular Retin A gel but still VERY effective.

other retinoid products like...?

Retin -A (gel rather than cream), Retin a micro or differin or tazorac could be options for you. Do you feel like your acne has gotten worse since you started the retin a cream? Or has it just not improved?

other retinoid products like...?

Retin -A (gel rather than cream), Retin a micro or differin or tazorac could be options for you. Do you feel like your acne has gotten worse since you started the retin a cream? Or has it just not improved?

i really cant decide

but there was so many ups and downs

most of the time there is no improvement

and it got worse for about 2 weeks

then it got a LITTLE better to a week