Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg06

Completely Eradicating Depressed Acne Scars (or at least 98% improvement)

I have been a long term sufferer of acne (cystic/papules/and comedonal) + extremely oily skin. I picked at a cyst last year and it turned into a SEVERE depressed scar that was over 6 mm in diameter! This literally TOOK AWAY my 21st year of life! I'm 22 now.

I went to a dermatologic (not plastic) surgeon in NC and she did 3 Beta-Lift X Salicylic Acid Chemical Peels on it and told me to use 2X a day Tazorac 0.1%gel and an 11% Glycolic Acid Toner on my scars twice daily. She also said to massage the scars. I don't know, but all I have to say is after a year that scar is completely gone. So the DEEP exfoliation method definitely works over time. There is no depressed area whatsoever and I don't notice it even close up. I even went to another dermatologic surgeon and she didn't even notice the scar. So I think it's possible that acne scars can go away if you start treating them when they're relatively new.

But, the problem is I have one 8-month old ice-pick scar on my cheek that bothers me and it's more like an ice-pick scar. For some reason this is NOT responding to the peels/exfoliation method that I used to improve my depressed scar with the 6mm diamater. Has anyone improved their ice-pick scars considerably like to the 98% level or more over time? I am also trying smoothbeam laser treatments to try to fill them in since it works under the skin, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

I didnt have any luck with the 3 ice pick scars I had from a breakout last summer. I did however have major improvments to more shallow scars on my cheeks. I used accutane for 5 months and use the Acne Free Scar Eraser from University Medical for the whole time and still use it. U can check out my gallery to see the difference.

I just had the ice picks subcised and 1 of the scars I got wsa raised and I had it cut out. At this point I am feeling really really happy about my skin. Checkout my pix at this time last year I was seriously thinking of getting a dermabrasion since my face looked so shitty.

Before anyone gets mad and starts posting things which happens EVERYTIME I mention the scar eraser stuff, just check out my gallery. Dont know if the scar eraser or the accutane smoothed me out but I am feeling great and look 100% better than jsut about exactly one year ago.

Greg,

Was the tazorac cream or gel and how much of it did you apply? Did your skin keep peeling the whole time you used it? Were you tolded to avoid sunlight or use sunscreen?

Guest delta force operators

evidence to the contrary

I wanna get rid of mine too. I wonder if the thing you did for your shallow thing would work. Mine scars are like 3 months old.

Wow, all of you people...

"My scars are three months old" and "my scars are eight months old..."

Your scars are just babies! I have scars that are TEN YEARS old they still look exactly the same. They are just as bad as the y have ever been.

That is after many treatments ($3,000 worth of subscsion), needling, peels, creams, etc.

Yeah, I guess if you catch scars early then they have a better chance of resolving to some degree.

Obviously my scars are now completely permanent no matter what I do!

Guest delta force operators

^^^^^^^ so u believe in the entrenching process?

Wow, all of you people...

"My scars are three months old" and "my scars are eight months old..."

Your scars are just babies! I have scars that are TEN YEARS old they still look exactly the same. They are just as bad as the y have ever been.

That is after many treatments ($3,000 worth of subscsion), needling, peels, creams, etc.

Yeah, I guess if you catch scars early then they have a better chance of resolving to some degree.

Obviously my scars are now completely permanent no matter what I do!

Yeah, but I think that I am the exception.

You may get good results.

My scars just do not respond to any treatment. I have read of a lot of experiences like mine and I also have read some people getting decent results with their scars.

There is no such thing as 98% gone either.

The best I have ever heard of someone achieving is around 60%. But that was after several thousand dollars worth of treatments.

Don't lose hope...but also don't expect miracles. Stay somewhere in the middle and see how things turn out.

I have new scars from accutane which are fresh, but I still have 2 more months on accutane and then I must wait 6 months for any treatment. By that time my scars will be older.....am i screwed?