Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stevie Lee

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

i used to have pretty bad acne, and now (other than the breakouts on the side of my face), the thing that bothers me the most is the uneven, spotty effect my forehead has. I hate having to wear makeup but my skin just doesnt look smoothe. You can always see little dots, even through makeup, and when i wash my face at night you can see spots, red mark, and dark spots. Theyve been there for a year or more and i just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to fade them. Id love my forhead to look smoothe and clear, without these annoying spots =/. I also have some red, purpleish, and brownish spots on my cheeks where ive had breakouts and they left these behind. I can even push on some and feel something under my skin although it's been months and months. Any help??? Sorry if i rambled there..

Guest Michael Jackson

i used to have pretty bad acne, and now (other than the breakouts on the side of my face), the thing that bothers me the most is the uneven, spotty effect my forehead has. I hate having to wear makeup but my skin just doesnt look smoothe. You can always see little dots, even through makeup, and when i wash my face at night you can see spots, red mark, and dark spots. Theyve been there for a year or more and i just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to fade them. Id love my forhead to look smoothe and clear, without these annoying spots =/. I also have some red, purpleish, and brownish spots on my cheeks where ive had breakouts and they left these behind. I can even push on some and feel something under my skin although it's been months and months. Any help??? Sorry if i rambled there..

I had hard redmarks before too. They went away with time.

Red marks are called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and can be cured easily.

The easy and inexpensive treatments that will NOT make you break out include using:

-11% Glycolic Acid Solutions (AquaGlycolic toner works well)...but it could take a few days or 2 weeks depending on your skin to work

-Klaron Lotion...prevents acne from leaving red marks if you use it 2X a day. (Please do yourself a favor and ask your dermatologist about this stuff...it is a MIRACLE!)

More invasive ways include using Tazorac, Retin-A, or chemical peels that might cause you to break out some since they are irritating to the skin. I do NOT recommend using Tazorac or Retin-A if you are under 21 b/c it will make you break out badly for a LONG TIME and this medicine only has effects if you use it for an entire year nonstop. These medicines are more appropriate for treating scars/wrinkles than acne or red spots....

Don't bother getting any laser treatments for this...way to expensive and the Glycolic acid would work faster.

Hope this helps!

Oh...I forgot to tell you. Please make sure you wear a dermatologist-recommended sunscreen and a hat if you go outside. I would even recommend staying out of the sun completely and avoiding UV-lights.......these will make the red marks MUCH worse...

They will only go away if you avoid UV-ray contact.

Red marks are called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and can be cured easily.

The easy and inexpensive treatments that will NOT make you break out include using:

-11% Glycolic Acid Solutions (AquaGlycolic toner works well)...but it could take a few days or 2 weeks depending on your skin to work

-Klaron Lotion...prevents acne from leaving red marks if you use it 2X a day. (Please do yourself a favor and ask your dermatologist about this stuff...it is a MIRACLE!)

More invasive ways include using Tazorac, Retin-A, or chemical peels that might cause you to break out some since they are irritating to the skin. I do NOT recommend using Tazorac or Retin-A if you are under 21 b/c it will make you break out badly for a LONG TIME and this medicine only has effects if you use it for an entire year nonstop. These medicines are more appropriate for treating scars/wrinkles than acne or red spots....

Don't bother getting any laser treatments for this...way to expensive and the Glycolic acid would work faster.

Hope this helps!

Oh...I forgot to tell you. Please make sure you wear a dermatologist-recommended sunscreen and a hat if you go outside. I would even recommend staying out of the sun completely and avoiding UV-lights.......these will make the red marks MUCH worse...

They will only go away if you avoid UV-ray contact.

Thank you. Ill try the Glycolic Acid. Im using Klaron right now, it's ok. Im not completely sold on it =/. Im also on Tazorac right now and i use it all the time. Ive used Retin-A before too but it ddidnt work for my skin. The Glycolic acid thing sounds good, ill work on that. Thanks!!! =D

My red marks kind of sound like yours. A year and a half ago, they were purplish-red......it was so gross. I got a ton of Vstar laser treatments, which helped a ton, but I still have some, but just not as dark. Now only time will heal them!!! If you're a teen, they'll prolly go away quicker since you have more collagen. Hang in there!