Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this sounds weird comin from a guy because guys dont talk about this kind of stuff lol, and im not by any means gay, (not that theres anything wrong with that) but the thought just crossed my mind.

Im very low maintence. I dont think I was ever high maintence, but I used to be medium, sometimes styled my hair wore designer clothes all the time, now I really dont wear designer clothes that much, and I just have a cheap short hair cut, like crew-cut.. I like being low-maintence though, because Its the real deal in my opinion. Like when I go out, this is me, I dont rely on styled hair anymore, or anything else, so what people see is me, if they dont like it then they dont like it, if girls dont like it, then it sux for me..

Like not to be a dick, I dont use make-up, but I have some left over redmarks, If I started wearing make up to cover it, it would be like now I can't let people see me without my make up, or what happens if someone sees me without my makeup.. ahh bad example cause im a guy so I haven't worn make up but...

Ok heres a good example, some men lose their hair and wear hairpeices, rugs, tupee's what ever you wanna call it. If I go bald in a few years, I know I wont look good with a horse shoe hair cut, but im just gonna shave my head and not bother with a hairpeice cause if I start wearing a hairpeice, then I gotta rely on that, you know I'll be nervous what if my hairpeice fly's off today cause its windy, or what if when I go swimming my hairpeice floats away.. And now that I dont really wear designer clothing, we'll designer shirts, I dont care if I spill something on my shirt or if my shirt gets ruined..

Basically im low-maintence but I like it, its very comfortable. What are you? Are you high maintence like you gotta take a long time to get ready to go out or are you medium, you try to have a nice appearance, but you dont really try too hard, or are you low, not saying you go out not caring, but meaning you pretty much go out as you are..

This thread may appear stupid, I was just thinking about this before for some reason so I felt like makin a thread about it..

I dont know.. I like to look nice, so i'll take my time and do my hair, wear makeup, and wear decent clothes lol.. I think im "normal maintence" for a girl.. if that makes sence.

I dont know.. I like to look nice, so i'll take my time and do my hair, wear makeup, and wear decent clothes lol.. I think im "normal maintence" for a girl.. if that makes sence.

That makes sense and is normal lol.. I dont even really expect any girls on here to say they are low-maintence lol, because thats more of a trait of guys to do. But hey any maintence is unique.

Guest TylerD

Unno..... Im retarded so i have no idea what you mean. But I wear makeup, take my time, clean my face real well (still look like shit) but overall try to make myself look good. So im a maintence kind of guy lol.

my hair hasn't touched a hair product besides shampoo since 7th grade(5 years ago)

soo i'll go with low maintenance XD

mixturee of high and low.

blow dry then flat iron hair. rarely go out w/o doing my hair.

but i only shower a every few days. and dress metro mixed w/ homeless(it works).

strange.

and no im not gay.

medium i guess... it really depends... before it used to be very high, i'd ALWAYS dress up, do my hair & make-up all perfect... now it's between med-low... sometimes i dress up a bit but not so much, sometimes i just don't care at all.

you can still look after your appearance and look natural. like for example, i add some mousse in my hair and let it dry naturally so it doesn't look freezy instead of not putting anything into my hair at all... i only use straightening iron on my bangs instead of all my hair like the way i used to.

Maybe I am kind of high maintence :think:

Oh well.. I am still willing to get down and dirty. :dance:

(im not saying that in a dirty way lol)

my hair hasn't touched a hair product besides shampoo since 7th grade(5 years ago)

its more than just hair. How are you with clothes? Just cause you dont do anything with your hair doesn't necessarily make you low maintence.

low

thats hot, you have alot of natural beauty. Natural beauty is the best form of physical beauty.

Same here! Except I stopped in the 8th grade, 4 years ago.

I'm like you NYJMT. Very low maintenance. No designer clothes or the latest 'cool' shoes or any of that crap.

Same here! Except I stopped in the 8th grade, 4 years ago.

I'm like you NYJMT. Very low maintenance. No designer clothes or the latest 'cool' shoes or any of that crap.

Yeah im comfortable being low maintence. And I agree with you Wasting Days Away, theres nothing wrong with using things when you are already pretty. Any maintence is fine.

I didn't mean just because you are pretty you can't use products, its your choice. Alot of pretty girls wear make up for an advanced but very pretty look, alot of pretty girls aren't big on makeup, which is also very pretty. Either way just depends on what type of style you wanna go with.

Low; I still like to match my clothes but if my clothes need washing I have no problem going out with an old shirt, a random pair of plain shorts and slip-on shoes. I don't ever style my hair; it's either hanging all down or tied up.

I know this sounds weird comin from a guy because guys dont talk about this kind of stuff lol, and im not by any means gay, (not that theres anything wrong with that) but the thought just crossed my mind.

Im very low maintence. I dont think I was ever high maintence, but I used to be medium, sometimes styled my hair wore designer clothes all the time, now I really dont wear designer clothes that much, and I just have a cheap short hair cut, like crew-cut.. I like being low-maintence though, because Its the real deal in my opinion. Like when I go out, this is me, I dont rely on styled hair anymore, or anything else, so what people see is me, if they dont like it then they dont like it, if girls dont like it, then it sux for me..

Like not to be a dick, I dont use make-up, but I have some left over redmarks, If I started wearing make up to cover it, it would be like now I can't let people see me without my make up, or what happens if someone sees me without my makeup.. ahh bad example cause im a guy so I haven't worn make up but...

Ok heres a good example, some men lose their hair and wear hairpeices, rugs, tupee's what ever you wanna call it. If I go bald in a few years, I know I wont look good with a horse shoe hair cut, but im just gonna shave my head and not bother with a hairpeice cause if I start wearing a hairpeice, then I gotta rely on that, you know I'll be nervous what if my hairpeice fly's off today cause its windy, or what if when I go swimming my hairpeice floats away.. And now that I dont really wear designer clothing, we'll designer shirts, I dont care if I spill something on my shirt or if my shirt gets ruined..

Basically im low-maintence but I like it, its very comfortable. What are you? Are you high maintence like you gotta take a long time to get ready to go out or are you medium, you try to have a nice appearance, but you dont really try too hard, or are you low, not saying you go out not caring, but meaning you pretty much go out as you are..

This thread may appear stupid, I was just thinking about this before for some reason so I felt like makin a thread about it..

hmmm...i'd go to say i was in between. Middle maintenance! When i go out i do try to make mylesf look half decent lol! I wear makeup, straighten/curl my hair and wear whatever i feel comfortable in, whether thats jeans, hoodie and converses! When my skin gets really bad i try somethin new with my hair to try and draw the attention away from my acne! But by no means do i ever go out loooking like the plastics from mean girls (short skirts, gucci bag and stilettoes) haha! But then again, when i'm round the house, im low maintenance, just laze around in a baggy tracksuit and having a bad hair day lol!

I'd say i'm very low maintenance for a chicky babe. I havnt worn makeup in three years, wash my hair maybe once a week and don't own any hair products at all, and my favourite article of clothing is my dirty jeans which get washed once a week as well!!

But, i'm not dirty - i shower everyday = promise!!

NYMJT - my b/friend is like you - he loves it that i don't wear makeup and says that he's most attracted to chicks who go it natural... in fact, most guys i know think that way. Must be a makeup company conspiracy. :)

all my male friends say i'm low maintenance (but as a compliment, not an insult)

I wear make-up and clothes that suit me etc, but i'm as obsessed about it as some girls are.

...It doesnt take me hours to get ready to go out, I don't like clothes shopping or shoe shopping, I don't own a million hair products or perfumes, I don't wear heals, i don't expect guys to pay for me when we got out, etc etc.

I like to be practical. All my friends say I'm "one of the guys" and I'm perfectly happy with this.

I am super high maintenance to the extreme. I am in a category of my own because I don't believe in fitting in a group of standards. To be able to cure acne, you need to have high maintenance because everything you do during a given day has some effect on your current acne condition. I don't need to mention a "gay" factor because mentioning this just makes you appear insecure about your sexuality. People that know me in real life know that I am so beyond the scale as far as heterosexualness that it isn't even an option to question. Case closed.

:ninja:

ever since i started breaking out and getting oily skin i see no reson to mess with my hair and yes im a guy

and tht was the only maintnence i had to do

i'm very very high maintence .... i blame it on my acne though. In my eyes since i do have acne its my job to work extra hard to look pretty. Before acne i never wore makeup .. only lipgloss sometimes and some eye liner ... now its deee whole deal. Cover up, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, blush ... everything lol

Now not only do i use all that makeup .... it not at all dee cheap kind ... its gotta be dior since im in love with dior or mac, bareminerals, and anything brandname. My hand bags are all brand named, so are my shoes, and my tops, and jeans. One pair of jeans cost me 100 & 50 bucks. I know i sound very stuck up and stuff but i'm really not. I just love the finer things in life.

I don't know i am high maintence but everyone says im very laid back and down to earth so its weird lol

ever since i started breaking out and getting oily skin i see no reson to mess with my hair and yes im a guy

and tht was the only maintnence i had to do

Same. I used to be obsessed with my hair since I cut hair, so I always had to cut my hair atleast 3 times a month and keep it freshly cut. the second it started growin out of the way I wanted it, I had to cut it. My hair was always being worked on, then there was a period of time when I used to style my hair. I always wore gel even if my hair was short, i'd gel it down. Once I started gettin acne, I only cut my hair when I needed a haircut, and a few times I'd go 2-3 months without a haircut. I used to be medium maintence, I always wore the popular name brand clothes, but I didn't over do it, some people you know have to have like a million different outfits, I used to wear the same 3 jeans all the time and just a different Brand name shirt everyday, but i only had like 6-7 designer shirts, so I would wear each shirt once a week..

When I started accutane forget about it, I completely let myself go badly, worse than ever. I went 4 months without a haircut, and my hair was getting long to begin with before I even stopped cuttin my hair, I stopped shaving often, so I had a disgusting beard, and when I did shave I didn't even bother getting a close shave cause of acne, so I always had stubble, I didn't touch my goatee for months, so it was like 2 inches down from my chin atleast. I stopped wearing name brand shirts, I started just wearing plain white undershirts outside (I buy my undershirts big so they are like regular shirts), I started wearing sweats alot. I was beyond low maintence, I was slob not giving a fuck anymore maintence.

It got to the point wear my parents were embarrased of me. At one point my parents kept demanding I get a haircut, m mom even said she was gonna cut my hair while im sleepin, my dad kept botherin me to let him cut my hair once.. I even started college out on the wrong foot, when I had to go for a placement test at my college, 1st glimpe of college life, I walked in with sweats a $1 T-mobile shirt and long hair and a disgusting beard. I looked rediculous. My friends used to joke around and call me a cave man.

When I finally got a haircut and trimmed my goatee down, it was a big thing and everybody was like wow you got a haircut and shave. But it was a good experience just goin out no caring anymore.

Now im low maintence, i'll get a haircut every 2-4 weeks, but a regular short haircut just to keep it comfortable, a good haircut but short nothing fancy. I now do not wear name brand clothes except for the 2 pairs of jeans I haven. I just make sure I dont go out like a slob like I did a few months ago and I try to stay clean cut with a neat goatee for the most part. Other than that I take literally a min to get ready to go out. I love being low maintence.

I love being low maintence.

its great that your comoftable with being low maintenance. as long as people are happy with the way they are, then you should feel happy bout yourself!

people used to think i was vain as id spend all my time in the bath room getting ready - they thought it was just the hair and all that, but i was trying to make my acne less apperable just touching up with some cover stick and that used to fcuk me off.

They'd only see me when my skin was ok or id touched it up a bit so just thought i was vain. When i stated accutane i just shaved off my hair and after a month now my skin is near perfect going from mod. id not been out in 4-5 months as it had gotten very bad. Accutane has just turned it round.

last weekend i went out for a mates birthday and everyone was like fcuk you shaved you hair off and ill tell you that it was so liberating not to be judged on my hair and looks just be down to the bare essentials.

For some reason its a lot harder for people to judge you if you lay down on the line like that. I'm also finding that people see me as more approachable.

I dont even look at myself in the mirror anymore - wash / go thats it