Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneboy26

Preventing blackheads

Say all the blackheads go... which with alot of messing around, exfoliating and cleaning and stuff, they eventually go, but then you have holes where the blackheads were... which gets a shiney glow going on after 2 hours or so, then after you've had a sleep, you have blackheads in the ditches in your face.

So, what i wanna know is... how do u stop them filling up again, i tried using astringent which tightens the skin and closes the pores, that didnt work... the holes just fill up before they get a chance to heal?!

help

When a blackhead forms, it expands the pore so when the blackhead is removed, you're left with a big pore prone to more bacteria and sebum to block it thus reforming another blackhead. So when you remove your blackheads, put something anti-bacterial or antiseptic like tea tree oil. Also, do you use steam to make your pores open up so it's easier to remove the blackeheads or after a shower? I have a facial steamer and I find that it makes it easier to clean my face because my pores are open, but I have to close and refine my pores because I find my blackheads reappear too, what sort of astringent do you use???

I use an astringent with glycolic acid, got it from www.lookgr8.com... not the most well known place i know but ive used glycolic acid before and it worked great, this stuff doesnt seem to close the pores well enough. Yeh i use steam from the shower or boil some water, put my head over it and a towel, but like i said they just come back.

What kind of antiseptic cream do u use? and how do you close and refine the pores?

Thanks

I use an astringent with glycolic acid, ...

Same here... AHA toner daily is the one thing that keeps blackheads at bay for me. I use Klear Action's Toner (they're a knockoff Pro-Activ kit, but they have a really nice alcohol-free glycolic acid toner). The cleanser in the kit makes a nice mechanical exfoliant in the shower as well (the best mechanical exfoliant I've ever used...very gentle but still very effective).

Try using a a PC formula with 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid from Skin Care Solutions The BHA is oil soluble so it can penetrate the pores and shed those dead skin cells that compose a blackhead. You change change the size of your pores ( that's genetic), but you can make them "look" smaller and less noticable by keeping them clear of cellular debris (dead skin calls, hairs, oil etc...)