Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob Smith

OK to use Vit E and Omega 3 with Tane?

Right now I do the following in the morning.

Pop an omega 3. Wait about 1-2 min.

Eat breakfast.

Take tane.

Take vit E.

Is it ok to take the omega 3 and the vit E so close to when I take the accutane? Should I switch the omega 3 and vit E to take near lunch time?

Thanks,

Bob

I would say taking any type of oils would be better and actually help with the absorption of of tane. I did initially took vitamin E as suggested by some people on this forum but then I stopped and nothing has changed. So yeah...but might depend from person to person. I just pretty much took tane after every meal.

ok thanks. also do you know if fish oil would cause my face to be oily. i started tane about a week ago and am not dried out at all. so i am wondering if this could be because of the omega 3 fish oil pills

thanks,

bob

Bob, I think it's definitely ok for the omega 3. An even better way is to take some flax oil right before the pill. You would have to take a lot of pills to get the same amount of EFA's as flax oil, and the accutane can follow it right into the blood stream. You can get it at Krogers. I took it from the start with tane and it I think it must have absorbed fast b/c accutane kicked in immediatly like on the 2nd or 3rd day. I'm also taking Vit. E but I'm not sure how much it helps.

ok thanks. also do you know if fish oil would cause my face to be oily. i started tane about a week ago and am not dried out at all. so i am wondering if this could be because of the omega 3 fish oil pills

thanks,

bob

Instead of flax oil, I'd usde Udo's Choice Oil Blend, which contains a blend of oils that keep the correct balance of Omega-3 to Omega-6 to Omega-9........too little Omega-6 isn't great because it's really important for the production of epidermal lipids.......

I'm not on Accutane yet but I take about 2 tbsp a day of Udo's.......and will continue to when I'm on Accutane. In addition I may take a fish oil supplement in pill form (way to nasty to take a liquid..... :sick: ) on the days I don't eat fatty fish like salmon or sardines..........

Instead of flax oil, I'd usde Udo's Choice Oil Blend, which contains a blend of oils that keep the correct balance of Omega-3 to Omega-6 to Omega-9........too little Omega-6 isn't great because it's really important for the production of epidermal lipids.......

I'm not on Accutane yet but I take about 2 tbsp a day of Udo's.......and will continue to when I'm on Accutane. In addition I may take a fish oil supplement in pill form (way to nasty to take a liquid..... :sick: ) on the days I don't eat fatty fish like salmon or sardines..........

Labgirl is right, Udo's Choice is even better than flax oil, although it may be less convient to buy than flax oil (cost wise and the fact that not as many places sell it). Either one however would be more effective than popping pills for your EFA's.