Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sameboat

Glycerin Soap

I've been looking for a natural face soap that doesn't have a lot of harmful chemicals in it. Has anyone tried Glycerin Soap and had any luck with it?

Glycerin by itself is kinda annoying, IMO... I don't like it because it kinda leaves a filmy residue. But glycerin-based liquid cleansers (the non-soap kind) are really nice, and they're more enviroment-and-skin-friendly than soaps. I completely threw away all of my soaps, except one pH balanced one I use to wash my hands in the restroom... Soaps are corrosive to skin and should really only be used when one wants to create a sterile environment on one's skin, like if you have to have clean hands for your job, if you're exposed to a lot of people and germs.

I've been looking for a natural face soap that doesn't have a lot of harmful chemicals in it. Has anyone tried Glycerin Soap and had any luck with it?

I've been using glycerine soap for about 5 months and absolutely love it. I wash with it in the morning or after working out. At night I wash my face with extra virgin olive oil and then wash three times with glycerine soap. While I was in South America I just used the unscented glycerine based soap, it was a deep orange color. Now that i'm back in the states I use ma big dealy health food store's generic brand of glycerine soap. Its a whitish-clear color and I notice it's a lot more gooey than the other stuff- it gets mushy quickly. But thats ok with me, not a big deal. So, yeah... glycerine all the way, baby!